Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Welfare State

Just wow.

An 85-year-old man died after going into cardiac arrest as he approached the line to apply for D-SNAP benefits, ABC13 has learned.

I have zero issue with folks that have lost it all being helped. Thank God I was fortunate during that disaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      I have zero issue with folks that have lost it all being helped. Thank God I was fortunate during that disaster.

I don't either but it is not the place of government to take money from one man's pocket and put it in another man's pocket based on who they deem worthy.

Comment

Welfare is helping no one. I would be fine if I saw only single mothers, children and widows in that line. That is not the case, welfare is the reason most of those people are there now. They lost everything because they had nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Welfare is helping no one. I would be fine if I saw only single mothers, children and widows in that line. That is not the case, welfare is the reason most of those people are there now. They lost everything because they had nothing.
          Huh....what......okay. Not sure how that applies but [emoji106].
          u may want to visit about any of about 100+ neighborhoods and actually see how you can help out. "The poor will always be with us".......quote from a man who was much better at judging folks.[emoji120]

Comment

Huh....what......okay. Not sure how that applies but [emoji106].
            u may want to visit about any of about 100+ neighborhoods and actually see how you can help out. "The poor will always be with us".......quote from a man who was much better at judging folks.[emoji120]

I cleaned out houses after the storm, ran supplies in my truck between churches and shelters. I don't mind helping those that cant help themselves, not wont help themselves. Too many able bodied men in that video for me. I have no need to feed a man that can feed himself but would rather just take a hand out.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
              I don't either but it is not the place of government to take money from one man's pocket and put it in another man's pocket based on who they deem worthy.
              "Support for the general welfare" during a time of crisis is far different than the welfare state we all support with a gun to our heads......not even comparable.

Comment

I cleaned out houses after the storm, ran supplies in my truck between churches and shelters. I don't mind helping those that cant help themselves, not wont help themselves. Too many able bodied men in that video for me. I have no need to feed a man that can feed himself but would rather just take a hand out.
                I did all the same plus donated $10k......just what Americans do. [emoji631] Not a odd thing to lend a hand when needed.

Do you know that everyone gets said handout? Are u speculating? Did a healthy man lose his home/vehicles/job to 10 foot of water? Are there con artists on that clip....YES! Is everyone.....NO! What are the parameters to get help? From a positive perspective they are not in the community robbing folks for food.....nor are we.[emoji111]

Comment

I did all the same plus donated $10k......just what Americans do. [emoji631] Not a odd thing to lend a hand when needed.

Do you know that everyone gets said handout? Are u speculating? Did a healthy man lose his home/vehicles/job to 10 foot of water? Are there con artists on that clip....YES! Is everyone.....NO! What are the parameters to get help? From a positive perspective they are not in the community robbing folks for food.....nor are we.[emoji111]

I dontated 10,100.00

Comment

I dontated 10,100.00
                    What do yall do for a living? Yall hiring?

Comment

I just actually looked at this. The average payout is $125.00 a month per person. That's like $1.40 a meal. That would suck. I'd be finding work one way or another.

Comment

Not referring to disaster relief, but welfare in general is why illegal labor has flourished in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          Not referring to disaster relief, but welfare in general is why illegal labor has flourished in this country.
                          yep

Comment

It's been proven many times that when you offer something like this hundreds of people who don't need it or do not qualify ( as in not impacted by the storm) will show up for the hand out.
                            I'd be willing to bet a significant portion of that crowd is only there because its free

Comment

I dontated 10,100.00
                              EXCELLENT.........we gotta do what we can with what the big guy has given us!
                              Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              What do yall do for a living? Yall hiring?
                              I work to pay taxes......lol! Then they can spread it to the true welfare state that has been around since the WWII.
                              Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                              I just actually looked at this. The average payout is $125.00 a month per person. That's like $1.40 a meal. That would suck. I'd be finding work one way or another.
                              Daggum, that is just downright rough for the ones that are TRULY in need.
                              Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              I can agree with that, plus the festering generational welfare wagon by a segment of our society. I dang sure pay way more into that mess than I like to think about. But I can play along when environmental disasters take center stage...........for a few months!

Comment

Working...
                              X