Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kembry View Post
    Love him or hate him - there will only be one! I'm a huge fan of Arnie and Jack but nobody has ever dominated a sport the way that he did. They're guys out there that have the game but not the mentality he had when he was intimidating the rest of the golfing world. Times change and the sport will move on with or without him. My paycheck is a result of what he and the others before him accomplished to bring golf where it is today and I'm grateful for that. I just hope these young bucks can keep it steered in the right direction.
    Exactly, yeah I care. I wish he could get healthy and compete again. I am afraid that those days are over. DJ, Speith, Jason Day, these guys are a direct result of Tiger Woods. The ratings are through the roof when he is on the leaderboard. I think he will win The Masters one more time, but he is trying to keep up with these youngsters bombing it out there 350 plus and he cant do it anymore. Just lay back and beat them on the green.

I am rooting for Tiger, golf is much more enjoyable for me when he is on his game

Comment

Back on the OP's original question:

Yes, I'd love to see Tiger make a run one more stretch of his career. How awesome would a Sunday at Augusta be with Tiger in the lead and the young guns having a target on his back? You can't say that ratings wouldn't go through the roof for a weekend of that.

One of the most enjoyable tournaments I ever watched was the 2009 British Open when Tom Watson made a run at 59 years old. My dad always talks about the 86 Masters. Here's to hoping Tiger can catch lightning in a bottle again.
      Last edited by Cardinal; 02-16-2017, 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
        Back on the OP's original question:

Yes, I'd love to see Tiger make a run one more stretch of his career. How awesome would a Sunday at Augusta be with Tiger in the lead and the young guns having a target on his back? You can't say that ratings wouldn't go through the roof for a weekend of that.

One of the most enjoyable tournaments I ever watched was the 2009 British Open when Tom Watson made a run at 50 years old. My dad always talks about the 86 Masters. Here's to hoping Tiger can catch lightning in a bottle again.

Tom was 59 and lost by 1 unlucky bounce on 18

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          Tom was 59 and lost by 1 unlucky bounce on 18
          Yep, meant to say 60. With a hip replacement too. Would have been like Nolan coming back and pitching on that '05 Astros team and throwing a shutout. lol

Comment

Tiger is done. He doesn't have the physical strength and the mental side, has now folded.

During Tiger's stretch of golf, which I watched the streak, he never had to play from behind to win. Many of the players he played against, choked because, they were absolutely terrified of Tiger's course prowess.

I watched Jack play....from 1966 an onward. I watched Jack play from behind on Sunday's against others, who had multiple majors under their belt, blowing through to the end to win and or take 2nd place.

And he did this from the 60s - 80s. It was special, very special to witness. His pace was more conservative and his ability to keep the ball in play through decades of golf was something to witness.

Tiger's edge was his distance. He lost that edge, as the MODERN GOLF SWING with technical equipment fitting and coaching, the modernization of golf took over.

Here's something to think about....

Tiger 24% win percentage in 10 years.

Jack 18% in 3 DECADES.

Looks like Jack held it together for years and years. And to me, this is a sign of the complete player. Youth to Senior tour - not a flash in the pan.

Everyone has their view......I watched both play.......Jack's era had quality MAJOR winner players with unique swings, where the game itself was more challenging due to the lack of advancements.

Comment

And golf is dying because of EXPENSE.

Comment

lmao

Flash in the pan?

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  And golf is dying because of EXPENSE.

I routinely play golf for less than $30 a round. Clubs aren't expensive if you don't think you have to have the latest and greatest.

Comment

T

Jack 18% in 3 DECADES.

Looks like Jack held it together for years and years. And to me, this is a sign of the complete player. Youth to Senior tour - not a flash in the pan.

Everyone has their view......I watched both play.......Jack's era had quality MAJOR winner players with unique swings, where the game itself was more challenging due to the lack of advancements.

Well based on pgatour.com

Jack played 595 events winning 73 times. Thats winning roughly 12% of the time.

Tiger has played 328 events and won 79 of them. Thats a 24% clip.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      I routinely play golf for less than $30 a round. Clubs aren't expensive if you don't think you have to have the latest and greatest.
                      Yep. Golf can be pretty dang cheap if you keep an eye on Golfnow, and the course websites. I saw some times at Pine Dunes in Frankston ($79 on the weekends) for $35 the other day.

My main complaint now is pace of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                        Yep. Golf can be pretty dang cheap if you keep an eye on Golfnow, and the course websites. I saw some times at Pine Dunes in Frankston ($79 on the weekends) for $35 the other day.

My main complaint now is pace of play.
                        van Zandt county country club is cheap during the weekdays and roughly 40ish something bucks on the weekend, Twin lakes is 40-50 bucks but worth every penny and their is never any backed up play, Pine dunes is always never backed up , expensive but worth a play...Golf now app is addicting

Comment

I'd like to see tiger back on top of his game banging chick's and nailing 18 holes. I truly blame g2 Gatorade for my first child. I was drinking g2 cause they made it for Tiger Woods, they formulated it cause the dudes a machine! G2 and out comes my first child. Thanks tiger

Comment

Tiger is done. He doesn't have the physical strength and the mental side, has now folded.

During Tiger's stretch of golf, which I watched the streak, he never had to play from behind to win. Many of the players he played against, choked because, they were absolutely terrified of Tiger's course prowess.

I watched Jack play....from 1966 an onward. I watched Jack play from behind on Sunday's against others, who had multiple majors under their belt, blowing through to the end to win and or take 2nd place.

And he did this from the 60s - 80s. It was special, very special to witness. His pace was more conservative and his ability to keep the ball in play through decades of golf was something to witness.

Tiger's edge was his distance. He lost that edge, as the MODERN GOLF SWING with technical equipment fitting and coaching, the modernization of golf took over.

Jack 18% in 3 DECADES.

Wrong. That's 24% over the last 21 years. Not 10. At one point he closer a 30% win percentage. And I was wrong when I said 18% for Jack earlier. His is 12%.

And again, Tiger has done it with larger fields.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                              Wrong. That's 24% over the last 21 years. Not 10. At one point he closer a 30% win percentage. And I was wrong when I said 18% for Jack earlier. His is 12%.

And again, Tiger has done it with larger fields.
                              people fail to realize tiger started his pro career in 1996.....21 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                                people fail to realize tiger started his pro career in 1996.....21 years ago...
                                And that he won a major by 15 strokes stupid good.

And won a 5 round US Open with a broken leg.
                                Last edited by NoFence; 02-16-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X