Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rifle for spring turkey season in south zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle for spring turkey season in south zone?

Can u use a rifle during spring turkey season in the south zone? If no where on the regs does it say that?

Yes...centerfire or rimfire. It's kinda defeats the purpose of spring turkey hunting but it's legal.

Comment

Why do you say defeats the purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        The challenge of spring turkey hunting is calling a tom in close and using a shotgun or bow. Sniping a turkey under a feeder at 100 yards isn’t as sporting.

Comment

Wanting to know for my boy. He can shoot his 22-250 like no body’s business but a 20 is still a little much.

Comment

What if you used a 22 magnum and didn’t sit at a feeder called the birds in close and took only head or neck shots so you didn’t have any shot in your turkey breast

Comment

What if you used a 22 magnum and didn’t sit at a feeder called the birds in close and took only head or neck shots so you didn’t have any shot in your turkey breast
              That’s never been issue for me aiming at the base of the neck with a turkey choke/tight pattern.

Comment

It's legal

It's a turkey. Who cares how you kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                  The challenge of spring turkey hunting is calling a tom in close and using a shotgun or bow. Sniping a turkey under a feeder at 100 yards isn’t as sporting.

Yes...for me...

No problems here especially if its a kid. I made my comment before a kid came into play. Hell I don't care how somebody actually shoots THEIR birds. I just think 99% of spring turkey hunting is the calling and getting them close. Anybody can shoot a turkey...not everybody can get them close. When I was a kid, the turkey calling and getting them close by my Dad or MaMaw was a much more exciting part of the experience than the shooting.

Comment

Working...
                  X