No announcement yet.

Disconnecting from cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got rid of cable today. We have direct TV Now, Netflix and amazon prime.

Saves us almost 200 per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Direct tv now offers sportsman channel, watching it now.

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
      We now have Directv now and stream with a Apple TV. $45 a month and love it. No hunting shows but YouTube works great.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        Cut the cable in 2001. Complaint right now is the cost of bandwidth. 150M line is now up over $100 with taxes and fees. May switch internet to Charter and save some money for a year or so and switch again.

Same here. I am 97 dollars just for internet. I could have signed up
        For a good deal in december for 47 dollars a month i could have the same speed internet plus cable. I did not see the deal in time. I will call in october and see if they will do anything.

Comment

Any of these suggestions have live sports?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Thats been my biggest hang up as well. Curious for the answer to this.

Comment

Yes! direct now, Hulu, etc has live sports and local news.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                Thats been my biggest hang up as well. Curious for the answer to this.

Yes- we use Directv Now and get all the live sports. (At least the ones I watch) That’s been the biggest change over the last year or so. It wasn’t always the case but now the networks are available through the streaming providers.

Comment

You still have to have a hi speed internet connection (for direct now), so you will still be paying $100+ a month as I see it. Plus when you live in the sticks your not going to get hi spend internet for this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    Yes! direct now, Hulu, etc has live sports and local news.
                    Originally posted by Planner View Post
                    Yes- we use Directv Now and get all the live sports. (At least the ones I watch) That’s been the biggest change over the last year or so. It wasn’t always the case but now the networks are available through the streaming providers.

Thank yall!

Comment

How does the streaming work when you are changing channels? I regularly watch multiple games and switch back and forth constantly. Is there a lag when this happens or is it as seamless as changing the channel on a regular tv.

Comment

We went to just Netflix 2 years ago? Now weve gotten to were we dont even watch it that much. It's more for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Hulu live does... and live local stations..

Disconnected DirecTV last week. Have Hulu live, Netflix and amazon Prime. Stream straight through apps on our 6 month old Samsung smart TV. Haven't missed it a bit. Shane watched the cowboy game Sunday, we get ESPN, FSSW and we can get the Rangers and Stars as well through Hulu...

Comment

Vue is hard to beat for sports.

I have the middle plan and get Big 10 Network, CBS Sports, All ESPNs, ESPN College Extra, FSSW, FSSW Plus, FS1, FS2, Golf, LHN, MLBN, NBATV, NBCSN, NFL and SECSECSEC Network.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                              How does the streaming work when you are changing channels? I regularly watch multiple games and switch back and forth constantly. Is there a lag when this happens or is it as seamless as changing the channel on a regular tv.
                              Depends on your internet speed. Being in a rural area with relying on RF style internet service, I notice a small (like 1 second) "lag." It just takes a second to get the picture completely clear (think HD vs SD)

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                                Hulu live does... and live local stations..

Disconnected DirecTV last week. Have Hulu live, Netflix and amazon Prime. Stream straight through apps on our 6 month old Samsung smart TV. Haven't missed it a bit. Shane watched the cowboy game Sunday, we get ESPN, FSSW and we can get the Rangers and Stars as well through Hulu...
                                Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                                Vue is hard to beat for sports.

I have the middle plan and get Big 10 Network, CBS Sports, All ESPNs, ESPN College Extra, FSSW, FSSW Plus, FS1, FS2, Golf, LHN, MLBN, NBATV, NBCSN, NFL and SECSECSEC Network.

And how much do these and Direct TV live cost compared to your cable bill?

Comment

Working...
                                X