No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ready for the season to start already lol...less than 2 months today [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      It took you long enough to check your dates and it's just a few days from renewal of permits.

At least I caught it . What would the TTHA show and LSBA Youth Archery booth do without me?

Comment

TG, what days are you signed up for? I think I'll do as last year and help setup on Friday and work that evening.

Comment

Looks like I'll be working the table all day Sunday, unless things change at work or what ever.

Comment

I have notice that there are several compartments on both lakes that seem to have better access by boat. Has anyone done this and are boats safe left unattended while hunting for the most part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stan, lot of folks access via boat, I've never had an issue with leaving my boat on the bank. Nor have I heard of any issues. I have been more worried about where I park my truck considering how well patrolled the ramps are.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                Stan, lot of folks access via boat, I've never had an issue with leaving my boat on the bank. Nor have I heard of any issues. I have been more worried about where I park my truck considering how well patrolled the ramps are.

Thank you for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Appropriate timing on this comment. Had about a quarter tank in my truck when I parked the other day, got back from a hike to head home and I was on empty when I started the truck up. Luckily I had just enough left to get to a gas station.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Isn't saying "these places are good and these places arnt" kinda like telling someone where to go? Now imagine if I told everyone that has contacted me on that what would happen. Cause there are a lot more that ask via pm that are never seen. Multiply that by the number of years I've been down there and here on this sight. And how many people is that?
                    Your not the first to ask for help on where to go on public lands. And I've seen it ruin some places. And others besides my self get burned. So I just keep my mouth shut now on where to go.
                    Like I said, learning the land is the best thing you can do.

I didn't grow up in a hunting family. Had to learn it all on my own. But I have helped lots of others. Just that some of that help has led to a demise of the places I go.

Now, if I run into you out there and you want to ask me what something is, show me. And I might give you an answer pending what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                    As usual i'm really late catching up on the seasons post..... But i can surely tell you where not go......

Comment

Let me guess ISP, Nolan/Lakeside or the west ramp on Aquilla?

The Nolan is the place I worry about the most, hate that ramp. I'll boat up from Plowman or down from Kimball just to stay away from that ramp.

Stan, back to the boating in. Later in the fall/winter on cold mornings, at least north/west of Lakeside, you need to be out well before sunrise. Too close to sunrise and the fog has a tendency to build, and I'm talking cut it with a machete bad. Not sure if it is the same downlake on Whitney or Aquilla. Since, I have the route marked with my GPS, still have to go slow, but it's better than having to stop and wait an hour or two until it clears.

Few years ago I rode on the front of a aluminium v-bottom on Aquilla, not going to say who was driving the boat, I was laying on ice across the front bow, may have been holding a yeller lab while going to duck hunt. That was the last time I duck hunted, you guys can have it.

Comment

Few years ago I rode on the front of a aluminium v-bottom on Aquilla, not going to say who was driving the boat, I was laying on ice across the front bow, may have been holding a yeller lab while going to duck hunt. That was the last time I duck hunted, you guys can have it.

Sounds familiar. But I have a white lab (technically she's a yeller). I don't remember any ice on our trip though. Maybe you were just cold? Or with someone else?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Looks like my 3 spots are getting some action.

Comment

TG, did you ever decide location for the GTG?

Comment

TG, did you ever decide location for the GTG?
                                West End Grill in Cleburne. Same as last year. I'll try to get a page ready to post by next Friday.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X