Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job well done BC. Channeling your inner Dmac no doubt. Haha

Comment

Heck ya!! I always shoot the spikes. I know the sam well enough to know. Shoot the first thing that comes out. It could be the last. [emoji457]

Comment

Nice going Ray. Did you shoot it with primitive bow?

Comment

Good to see again - yall break a leg !

Comment

Haven't picked up a bow yet. Working on property I purchased this summer. These are a couple on camera.

I might make it to the Sam for an evening hunt or 2 during the week. Right now my stepmom is recovering from a botched surgery. In the hospital for 2 months. My mother had a stroke 2 days ago. My brother and I are taking care of my 87 year old dad since hurricane Harvey. I am trying to keep my sanity. Good Luck to you guys who get to hunt. I am hoping things get settled in my life really soon.
            Last edited by E.TX.BOWHUNTER; 10-19-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

That is a SAM 11-point. Good job Buck Chaser.

Comment

Of course no one can enforce these suggestions, but many people enjoy this thread. If you can't do these simple things please don't waste it for the rest of us.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas...TELPRDB5292305[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the info.

That's our government for you - six different sources of info, but its still confusing so people have questions... ha

Comment

Good job Ray! Nice shooting.

Tim, sorry to hear all that. Hope things start looking up for ya. And those are some good bucks. Good luck gettin em.

And ole Dmack, helicopters and spikes. Gotta love it.

Comment

This thread was awesome once upon a time. Now I'm not even comfortable going to the forest after getting a wider view of the other people out there. Too many have no clue what the laws are, or have little respect for them, which makes us all look bad. Y'all have a good season and stay safe. Pot growers have become the least of our worries out there compared to trigger happy weekend warriors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                      Nice going Ray. Did you shoot it with primitive bow?
                      No! That was with my compound.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                        Heck ya!! I always shoot the spikes. I know the sam well enough to know. Shoot the first thing that comes out. It could be the last. [emoji457]
                        ...and that's why the public stuff in East Texas will always suck.....

Comment

SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          ...and that's why the public stuff in East Texas will always suck.....

Not really. I take home every deer I shoot at. What makes it bad out there is everyone out there flinging arrows and bullets and wounding deer. Most people can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Yet they are all experts during deer season.
                          Plus. I hunt the sam for meat for the freezer. If I wanted to hunt a big deer I go to the ranch. The sam is hard to hunt. So even a spike is a trophy. I shoot the first legal deer. Buck or die that walks out. And still have not tagged out.
                          Last edited by dmack; 10-19-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Nice tasty looking spike. Want to get out there next weekend. Did someone put out a troll magnet?

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                              Did someone put out a troll magnet?
                              Obviously - We have seen a lot of new people on the tread this year. While that is generally a good thing, it seems that 90% would rather run off at the mouth instead of being a productive member. Ebb and flow .... it is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                                Obviously - We have seen a lot of new people on the tread this year. While that is generally a good thing, it seems that 90% would rather run off at the mouth instead of being a productive member. Ebb and flow .... it is all good.
                                Then you get these north carolina yahoos that can't shake TX from their blood and keep coming back for more punishment. Or D's helicopter has it's own magnet effect on you. Now go kill an east coast giant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X