No announcement yet.

Still 3’ high at 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the covers off the elevation adjustment knob. I will have to go buy some check rings to test out a different scope I guess.

Comment

Trying a different Scope would be my first choice
      With anything mass produced, there’s always a chance.

Comment

Oh the zero stop situation may be the deal

Comment

I'm thinking you have the zero stop set on the Scope-- you should have 58MOA of total adjustment on the elevation dial. Once the Zero Stop is set you will only have one revolution of the turret (13 MOA) total.

If you don't have 58 MOA total and the zero stop ISN'T set... then you have a scope issue.

Keep us updated!

Comment

The rail is mounted right, When you add a cant correctly you are taking adjusting out of the down and adding it to the up essentially. Sounds like the zero stop. Nonetheless you can change base out to zero cant and also be fine

Comment

Just now seeing this, and you may have already called the shop - but since we are closed let’s see if we can help here.

A couple things are easy to rule out from the start. First, your crown will be centered within .0005” of the centerline of the action by the chambering method we use...... so your barrel is pointing the right direction Second, the rails on these actions have a section that protrudes out over the recoil lug unless you ordered it with a switch lug setup. That should rule out the possibility of having it mounted backwards. It could be an out of spec rail, but it is very unlikely.

First thing (if you haven’t already done it) is to verify that the scope is traveling as far as it should per Swaro’s specs. Simply start from where it’s bottoming out now and run it up through the full range of travel to see if it is actually giving you all that it should. If you’re coming up short, check that your zero stop is not causing the issue. Found this video that might help with that
              [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCQM0im1Kkc"]Swarovski Zero stop set up on z5, z3 and z6 series - YouTube[/ame]

If that doesn’t solve the issue, post back or send me a pm.

Comment

Robert
                I talked to you Wednesday or Thursday of last week. The scope as all of the adjustments . I went from one extreme to the other and the count is correct.
                Does the mirror test hold merit ?

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  Robert
                  I talked to you Wednesday or Thursday of last week. The scope as all of the adjustments . I went from one extreme to the other and the count is correct.
                  Does the mirror test hold merit ?
                  I’ve never done the mirror test, but can see the value in it. This issue comes up from time to time and it’s almost always a Swaro when it does. I’d throw a different scope on there to confirm, but I bet that it is something in that erector. We can send you one to test with if you don’t have one immediately available.

Comment

If you have a lot of windage in it, that can eat up your elevation travel. Something else to look at. Some rings have windage adjustment in them

Comment

I have the same gun and scope combo that were also mounted and boresighted by APR in Seekins rings. I had just a couple minutes this weekend. Fired 2 shots and couldn’t hit a 2’ x 3’ poster board with a black dot in the center at 100 yards. I had to leave scratching my head. Will check the boresight tonight.

Comment

My guess bad or mismatched rings.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                          I have the same gun and scope combo that were also mounted and boresighted by APR in Seekins rings. I had just a couple minutes this weekend. Fired 2 shots and couldn’t hit a 2’ x 3’ poster board with a black dot in the center at 100 yards. I had to leave scratching my head. Will check the boresight tonight.
                          The plot thickens

Comment

Is it possible you and the fellow above have one high and one medium ring each? Matching unmatched rings!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              Is it possible you and the fellow above have one high and one medium ring each? Matching unmatched rings!
                              That would be nuts.
                              But weirder things have happened

Comment

Sounds like to me the rings are not matched. Change them first and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X