No announcement yet.

Still 3’ high at 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bore sighted it at home and the owner at the range did it as well. I am going the right direction in adjustment, when I was able to get it on paper at 25 yards I started out being 8-9 inches high. I was able to bring it down 2-3 inches and then ran out of adjustment down.
    The rail looks like it would be impossible to mount backwards unless the maker drilled two holes in the wrong end. The rings look to be the same. I tried shooting two different kinds of ammo just to rule that out. Both were close to the same.

Comment

Start over, I think the way APR has their rail mounted it’s impossible to mount backwards.

Comment

Figured you knew what you were doing. I’ve just learned with field techs that sometimes you have to ask obvious first because everyone is human. I’m curious to hear the cause as well.

Is it grouping good even though it’s high?

Comment

Hopefully it’s a quick fix.

Comment

Interesting. Keep us posted.

Could the rings be over torqued so that you aren't getting full movement from the swaro erectors?

Comment

Just for grins maybe try a different set of rings if available. Who knows, a dude running the mill at seekins may have been running a regrind on an endmill and forgot to put cutter comp in the program when cuttin ID’s. Yeah I’ve had a couple Glenlivets so I’m coming up with all kinds of off the wall stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                Figured you knew what you were doing. I’ve just learned with field techs that sometimes you have to ask obvious first because everyone is human. I’m curious to hear the cause as well.

Is it grouping good even though it’s high?
                Couldn’t tell you really. I was having to aim at a rail road tie on the ground to hit paper.

Comment

Thinking the 20 MOA rail is on backwards. If a muzzle brake is installed, there could be alignment issues and the bullet might be striking the brake.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                    Pretty sure the rail is built in the action
                    Wrong again ! It is a screw on 20moa rail.

Just took scope off and did a mirror test I found on the internet. I can not make the crosshairs match up holding it on the mirror.
                    I'm not by any means a gun guru, but if you can make the scope zero up with it self by doing the mirror test. I would think you have a bad scope

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                      I'm not by any means a gun guru, but if you can make the scope zero up with it self by doing the mirror test. I would think you have a bad scope
                      Doing the mirror thing when I adjust elevation down the crosshair moves up. I run out of clicks before it moves up enough to match.

Comment

Does the scope have Zero stops? I think the zero stops being set wrong can cause the issue you are referring to.
                        Last edited by JasonS; 10-06-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                          Does the scope have Zero stops? I think the zero stops being set wrong can cause the issue you are referring to.
                          This, the z3 swaro you have to take the cap off and adjust the scope with the tool provided

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                            This, the z3 swaro you have to take the cap off and adjust the scope with the tool provided

Im not sure about that scope as Ive never played with one. I just had the same problem on a Burris Veracity and then realized my zero stops wouldn't let me adjust my scope down enough, they were set from the factory. I just had to reset them lower. I kept thinking it was my rings, I was using Burris Signature Zee series and kept swaping around inserts.
                            The owner at my gun range, Evans Brothers's figured it out for me. Guess he sees a lot of stuff, cant beat experience.

There is a YouTube video on the zero stops adjustment for Z3, Z5, Z6 series. it looks like the cap was taken off and a few other pieces to adjust/remove the stops. Seems easy enough to check and see.

Comment

Have you tried another scope?

Comment

Still 3’ high at 100

I would try another scope and rings. I had the same issue with a spare Nikon Monarch and Nikon AR mount. Tried a new scope and rings and it worked prefect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X