Cooper or Lake Tawakoni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper or Lake Tawakoni

Anyone ever hunt the cooper wma or lake tawakoni wma? Any luck? High or low hunting pressure?

I've heard it not bad during the week but KEEP OUT on weekend Hoping to try it soon myself

Comment

Both have lower pressure than LBJ, more acreage at cooper than twok, never been to twok but hear it a real sleeper place lots of big bucks taken out there every year that no one talks about, plus its archery only, cooper has lottery gun hunts.

Comment

cooper I have seen plenty hogs and alot of ducks.

Comment

I am hunting tawakani haven't taken any game yet but have seen two doe and tons of hog sign .not much traffic during the week but I don't hunt weekends there because of foot traffic

Comment

I have a buddy that hunts cooper. He has seen some good ones. I have a deer lease not far from cooper and we shoot some big uns. I've hunted white oak wma with good luck lots of land, 26,000 acres I believe

Comment

Originally posted by tatdaddy View Post
              I am hunting tawakani haven't taken any game yet but have seen two doe and tons of hog sign .not much traffic during the week but I don't hunt weekends there because of foot traffic
              Do you hunt the small part off of 34 or the larger part closer to Lone Oak?

Comment

If you hunt Cooper you may want to pull your stands each day, there has been A LOT of theft out there this year.

Comment

peta-hata ever hunt the tawakoni unit near lone oak? many deer or hogs? is it high hunting pressure?

Comment

Duck Cove section of Tawakoni on far south end has alot of hogs if you walk in toward the lake. Have seen deer everytime. Small unit off 34 I saw a toad of a buck a couple hundred yards off the road. Weekends are hit and miss for other hunters. I would try to sneak out on a weekday..most likely have the whole place to yourself...make sure your boots are waterproof. Near the shoreline of the duck cove unit, there is a large cedar with a camo burlap blind hacked out. Not sure who put it there but feel free to use it

Comment

HH34, I've never hunted the Tawakoni land - I live about 3/4 of a mile as the crow flys from the unit bordering the Sabine river but haven't hunted it..just moved out here about 2 years ago, I still go to Cooper when I can. I'm sure there are deer/hogs in there though.

Comment

cooper

peta hata you got a pm. call me when you get a chance I got some info for you!

Comment

hog hunter 34 I hunt on the duck creek area about 300 yards from the lake

Comment

tawakoni

Hey t- daddy, when are the bucks rutting around tawakoni? Havent seen much activity yet.

Comment

I haven't seen any rut activity as of yet

Comment

Working...
                              X