Val Verde County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    I've had real good luck the past few years as well the week after Christmas during the secondary.
    I may try that as well

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    They were running good last week. We killed an 11 Friday at noon and a 12 Saturday morning. Both running does.
    Awesome

Comment

This was on old 454 rd I have been hearing of some nice bucks out at the lake I will be out there on area 5 tomorrow...
      Attached Files

Comment

Ya'll make sure you leave one for me...I will be back home this coming Thursday night...hunting Friday morning

Comment

Was down this weekend Sunday was first time I seen full blown rut. I had deer running all over the place I couldn't hardly keep up with where they were at. Had to come back but headed down again Thursday. I passed on some decent young deer 2.5 yo 8s mostly. Good luck out there fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
            Was down this weekend Sunday was first time I seen full blown rut. I had deer running all over the place I couldn't hardly keep up with where they were at. Had to come back but headed down again Thursday. I passed on some decent young deer 2.5 yo 8s mostly. Good luck out there fellas.
            Where abouts are you located?????? I am headed back tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
              Where abouts are you located?????? I am headed back tomorrow

Live in Robert Lee north of San Angelo, if that's what you are asking. But like I said in previous post we hunt up 10 miles north/northwest of whitehead brothers sign turn off of Dolan creek road.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                Live in Robert Lee north of San Angelo, if that's what you are asking. But like I said in previous post we hunt up 10 miles north/northwest of whitehead brothers sign turn off of Dolan creek road.
                Thats right my bad....

Comment

Just got back from a short trip...........I killed a Older Big Body 9 pt.

Saw more bucks than does but none seem to be chasing anymore!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
                      This was on old 454 rd I have been hearing of some nice bucks out at the lake I will be out there on area 5 tomorrow...
                      How did your hunt go victor?

Comment

I didn't end up going I had to much to drink the night before !!!!

Comment

My and my kiddo are heading out there Sunday morning. I sure hope this slight cold front coming will kick up some movement. Haven't been to the ranch since last January but family that has gone out there said it's all been so green that the bucks weren't really coming to the feeders at all. Hoping to get my kiddo a repeat of her 2011 cull.

Comment

Good Luck^^^^^^^

Comment

Baby girl got it done. Not the biggest deer on the ranch but I could not tell her no after sitting through that cold. He could have gone another couple of years but the look on her face was worth it!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387845017.135730.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	24273780

Comment

As far as rut activity, we did not witness any. Had a young 8 pointer feeding calmly with 3 does for almost 2 hours before the 9 my kiddo shot ran off the 8. However, in the 13 mile drive from Comstock to our gate I saw 6 road kills including one little fork not 10 feet from our gate. He stunk to high heaven. Don't know where all the turkey vultures are but nothing was eating that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X