Cruise Drink Package Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Drink Package Question

Me and my wife just booked our first cruise for next fall. My question is, Is the drink package worth it? How much is beer if purchased on the boat? $630 total for 4 days for both of us. I feel like we will get our moneys worth but want to hear everyones opinion. We are going through Royal Carribean

Shut up liver, you're fine!

Comment

Alcohol is expensive on a cruise ship. I think that is where they make most of their money. I am not a big drinker, so I couldn't justify spending that much money on drinks. When we went we spend a couple hundred over 5 days, but again one or two cocktails per day is all we had.

Comment

My wife and I purchased one for me on our last cruise before hand because we knew it would be worth it. However she doesn't drink much, so we held out on the drink package for her. By the end of day 1 we purchased the package at a higher rate and we still came out cheaper.

The other nice thing is if you want to try new drinks you can. If you don't like something just order a new drink and you don't have to worry about the extra cost.

Comment

My wife and I did the package on our honeymoon. We absolutely came out on top lol.

Comment

I could hurt them at that price! !

Comment

Well worth it.. If I remember right a beer is $8

Comment

Buy it!

Comment

if you plan on really drinking then it would probably be worth it

we considered it for our last cruise and didn't get it, but we snuck a ton of booze on board with us.

Still spent around $300~ on alcohol past that with dinner drinks and beers

Next time, we will probably buy the package just to get rid of the hassle of going from the room and back to get a refill.

Comment

It doesn’t start until the day after you board if a carnival cruise. Not sure about Royal Caribbean. My wife and I just got back this parlay Saturday from our last cruise.

Comment

Depends on how much you drink really. My wife doesn't drink a lot so the few that she has a day comes out cheaper than the package. I prepurchased a bottle to have waiting in the stateroom and drank on that and few drinks mixed in here in there from the bar. Our total to get off for everything was cheaper than just the package itself. I know on Carnival it doesn't start til day 2 at sea so the first day you are buying drinks anyway.

Comment

Buy it. Worth the money.

Comment

If you split evenly, $315 per person. At $8 per beer, you would need to drink 10 per day or 40 total for the 4 days to break even. I'm sure mixed drinks are a little more expensive so you wouldn't need to drink as many to break even.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                            If you split evenly, $315 per person. At $8 per beer, you would need to drink 10 per day or 40 total for the 4 days to break even. I'm sure mixed drinks are a little more expensive so you wouldn't need to drink as many to break even.
                            This is what i was thinking, It would be easy to come out ahead especially considering that price includes gratuities also

Comment

Well worth it in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X