No announcement yet.

Davy Crockett NF 2011/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did not get to hunt... going Thursday and Friday...

Comment

had a doe, fawn and a spike come running in about 9:30. Got within 45 yards of me and saw the two yahoos on the other side of pond from me and took off. That's all I saw other than hunters. But I did see one turkey, that was cool. Never seen one out there before.

Comment

I understand... last year I had a hunter walk under my climber and sit down 30 feet away.. he started smoking a cigeratte... I told him he might want to hunt some where else... he jumped up and it took him almost 2 minuets before he looked up.. he walked back the way he came. That was the first time I had EVER seen any one in the area I hunt.

Glad to know that there are Turkey in that area... hopefully you will get another chance and there wont be so many people..

Comment

sat morn i had a yearling doe come in and feed for abt hour n a half, while she was there i had a 8 (not legal) come in too. sat evening i had a spike and two more yealrings come in. also had a doe and another yearling come in, but i was waiting for that perfect shot that she never game me. then sunday morn i had yet another yearling come in but just not what im wanting to shoot. all of these deer were in range too i might add

Comment

Originally posted by josephd19 View Post
            sat morn i had a yearling doe come in and feed for abt hour n a half, while she was there i had a 8 (not legal) come in too. sat evening i had a spike and two more yealrings come in. also had a doe and another yearling come in, but i was waiting for that perfect shot that she never game me. then sunday morn i had yet another yearling come in but just not what im wanting to shoot. all of these deer were in range too i might add
            You have great patients....

Comment

ya i kick my self in the but for not taking the shot on that does but the way she was coming in hard i knew i had a perfect shot when she cleared my tree i was sitting in but she stopped directly behind me and did a 180. she didnt wind me. i had perfect wind. she just knew something wasnt right. but it was a great weekend eventhough i didnt draw blood.

Comment

Did not see anything but a cat and an armadillo Saturday. Had some guy driving up and down the forest service road by me making a lot of noise that morning. Scared everything off. Sunday I had two does run by my stand being chased by two dogs. Went to check a new location Sunday afternoon and jumped two does on the way there. Did it again this morning. A least I now there are deer there.

Comment

Any body seen anything killed in DCNF.... anybody had any luck.

I hope to go out Sunday... Have not been able to get out due to work and family stuff...

Comment

Bump

Comment

Seen several does and bucks with does and a nice 6point, but still havn't seemed either of the monsters we're after.

Several spikes this year and fawns with spots too.

1 young spike taken last Mon by one of my buddies.

Comment

Almost saw a big buck killed...

Anyone see the white chevy that crashed last Friday night on 7 close to 1733?

My buddy called me while he was ahead of me to let me know to watch out for a big buck on the side of the road. No sooner had he said that, the white chevy in front of me hit the breaks and swerved, skidding sidways and up the steep embankment almost hitting some of the pines up top.

I stopped and backed up to see if anyone was hurt and two younger guys popped out of the truck and all the driver could say was, "Did you see that huge buck?!". LOL

It popped a tired and they had a spare and jack.

They were okay so we went on our way.
                        Last edited by snikrah; 10-07-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Last Year a guy camping at Ratcliff said he shot at a Huge Buck around the Equine trail area outside of Kennard... is that the same area ???

He said it looked like a 12 or bigger..

Comment

I have seen a few of deer off on highway 7 (driving at night)in that area but never anything big.

Comment

Na, this is on the side towards Crockett. If you look on satalite imagry that shows the elevation of the hills, there are 3 (i want to call them valleys in between the hills) that cross 7 right around the turn off to 1733.

My dad has told me stories of his youth seeing big bucks around that area, its like a big buck travel corridor.

Comment

Here is what im talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X