Hand corning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand corning

Does anyone "hand corn" when they go hunting? I might give it a try soon. If you do any tips would be great.

Everytime. Just put the corn in your shooting lane a get ready. Feeder weary deer will hit hand corn more and as a whole it can extend your hunt as there's more corn on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks BURTONboy I got a 2 40# bags of Apple Corn ready togo!!

Comment

Never seen this topic discussed...

Welcome to TBH. Lots of good folks here with good info. This has been discussed a lot and you can search previous discussions.

I think the general consensus is most throw some out and have success with it.

Comment

The best way to go is hand corn you will see a lot more deer and have a better chance to get them into bow range !! Just don't pile it up put it out in thin lines

Comment

Tip no. 1
            Hold hand flat to keep from getting bit

Comment

Thanks for the tips!Texifornia thats a good one lol!

Comment

Hand Corning works well in high pressure hunting areas like east Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Big bucks just tend to get feeder wise at an early age, if they are lucky!

Comment

I have been feeding corn for many years see no bad effects. I put out about 2 lbs around to hold deer longer. The only bad experience has been using scented corn to hand feed because I never used it in feeder and they would not come in just wasn't right. So I just use same corn I use in feeder.

Comment

I hand corn a couple of spots I bow hunt for hogs. One of my fondest memories of hunting with my grandfather, was when he hand corned. He used a 1 lb folgers coffee can and he would pour it out the window of his 1964 Chevrolet truck.

Comment

Hand Corn

Not much can add pretty well covered..It works and they find it QUICK flavored on not...When they at feeder they nervious wreck..fling some out within sight of a feeder and they will relax and eat..

Comment

I put some in a gallon zip lock bag and swing it back and forth so the deer don't come straight at me. Gives me a better shot chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Everytime. Just put the corn in your shooting lane a get ready. Feeder weary deer will hit hand corn more and as a whole it can extend your hunt as there's more corn on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This ^^^

When rifle hunting, I make roads or lanes and corn them from the four wheeler. Every time I go to the stand site for any reason, I feed a little. After a couple years, even weary deer will just hop off the road and wait for you to leave.

For bowhunting, I corn specific shooting holes each time. The deer will walk straight to them before going to the feeder. The does are conditioned to run to the feeder when it feeds, leaving the bucks all the hand corn.

It is definitely a game changer.

Comment

Somebody has to say it. There is a secret to hand corning. Shhhhhh. Don't tell anybody. V A N I L L A

Comment

Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X