Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Lake should be coming up considerably with the recent rains I'd imagine. Hopefully not too much because I'd like to be able to launch at Spur 454.
    Lake is up almost 3 feet... It was close to 1081 elevation and it's now at 1083.8... That is still a bit lower than what would close down the 454 ramp... We will see as there is still water coming down the rivers and supposedly we have more rain coming...

Comment

Axis

Finally got my license in the mail. I'm only able to make it out there maybe twice a year due to living 6 hours away. Just wondering if anyone has seen any movement of Axis, Auodad, or Mouflon sheep? TIA

Comment

Good luck guys, we had to cancel our opening weekend trip.

Comment

Went out Sunday walked in WAY before sunrise and got set up we had no movement , waited till around almost 9 and decided to make a move to try and see if we could get a stalk on the mouflon only saw one and it was walking off the area we combed almost the whole area and never saw the mouflon saw about 5 hunters on our way out. passed one hunter about 30yds he never looked up from his phone never knew we were there we went around him once we spotted him .! Good luck guys .!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
            Went out Sunday walked in WAY before sunrise and got set up we had no movement , waited till around almost 9 and decided to make a move to try and see if we could get a stalk on the mouflon only saw one and it was walking off the area we combed almost the whole area and never saw the mouflon saw about 5 hunters on our way out. passed one hunter about 30yds he never looked up from his phone never knew we were there we went around him once we spotted him .! Good luck guys .!!!

Glad I didn't make the 6 hour trip then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

going out there this weekend and staying till the following weekend. Hoping with this rain thats supposed to be there that it will make the animals move. Just like everyone else, not trying to get anyones spot but any advice would surely help. Thanks in advance. Oh, will have boat.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSTexas View Post
                going out there this weekend and staying till the following weekend. Hoping with this rain thats supposed to be there that it will make the animals move. Just like everyone else, not trying to get anyones spot but any advice would surely help. Thanks in advance. Oh, will have boat.

Stay on 4 on the weekends for sure to avoid the crowds on all the other areas during those days for sure .!

Comment

Stay on 4 on the weekends for sure to avoid the crowds on all the other areas during those days for sure .!

Found that because every Tom **** and Harry has a boat nowdays and ALL of them think 4 is the only place to go it gets ridiculously crowded. I've had so many ruined hunts actually change my pattern after Friday morning I'll take the boat to the back side of Area 5 or 1. Get setup and let the walk-in hunters push the deer right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Found that because every Tom **** and Harry has a boat nowdays and ALL of them think 4 is the only place to go it gets ridiculously crowded. I've had so many ruined hunts actually change my pattern after Friday morning I'll take the boat to the back side of Area 5 or 1. Get setup and let the walk-in hunters push the deer right to me.

Yeah your telling me I’m local have a boat and never been to 4 , tried one day , figured I’d fish the day and hunt the evening but the bite was on and I caught a bad case of the “one more cast syndrome” and never made it to hunt ..!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      I checked at the office about the axis. If they're not on the list, you cannot shoot. I asked them to put them on the list.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                      That is strange since they are a non regulatory animal. You should be able to shoot them on public land, anytime of the year. Just like hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                        That is strange since they are a non regulatory animal. You should be able to shoot them on public land, anytime of the year. Just like hogs.

They were added to the list for the 2018/2019 season after they were spotted in the designated hunting land last year .!

Comment

They were added to the list for the 2018/2019 season after they were spotted in the designated hunting land last year .!

Your welcome gentle men. I hope to get up there when the weather cools, but it's a 7 hr drive that's worth it. Love that place.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Amistad?

Any one lost “Their” deer and n 5 .? Because I found it (pics below) this was one of 3 carcass we came up on ! Went out again this morning set up by 6:15 then made a move bit passed 9 and walked over 18,000 steps rain started to come down good no complaints thou I had an awesome time Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0789.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24555714Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	24555715 .!

Last edited by VictorG830; 10-07-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

No, I have a big ram over there somewhere tho

Last November... no way he lived with all the blood he pumped out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it was maybe skinned and quartered? 3 carcasses, peeps been busy! Then again I talked to a guy last year at the boat ramp, said he and his buddy shot and drew blood from 6 bucks that week and recovered zero. Told me all about shooting one running, a 65 yard shot, shot through brush, blah blah blah. Thought he was full of poo til I went back and walked through where he told me he was hunting while on the way to my normal area and sure enough blood trails and orange tape everywhere. I didn't see a single deer in that whole unit for the 3 days I could tolerate until moving to a different unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X