No announcement yet.

The NFL is a joke....ruining the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to get the thoughts of: **** Butkus, Jack Lambert, et al on the state of today's nfl.

Comment

Harder hits allowed in the golf....

Comment

I say take the penalty every time. Lay the dude out. Crush him. Make his nose bleed. Throw the **** flag. Get back in the huddle.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          I say take the penalty every time. Lay the dude out. Crush him. Make his nose bleed. Throw the **** flag. Get back in the huddle.

Skinny

I agree. If you get the chance to lay the wood, take it. 15yds is a small price to pay for the QB looking for one player in particular on every play. That distraction affects all but a few elite QBs, in my opinion.

Comment

I saw the hit on Prescott and THAT WAS NOT ROUGHING THE PASSER.

Football is a violent sport and should have stayed that way.

Just my $0.02

Comment

The amount of non watchers in this thread could possibly beat the watchers..crazy? The part that drives me crazy is Dak took maybe 2-3 of the exact same hit and timing. That’s not homer response but I guess I just do not get it.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                I saw the hit on Prescott and THAT WAS NOT ROUGHING THE PASSER.

Football is a violent sport and should have stayed that way.

Just my $0.02

Yep. I’ve heard football called a contact sport for years. That’s incorrect. It’s a collision sport.

Basketball is a contact sport.

Skinny

Comment

Yeah went to a buddy's house n he had it on, was ridiculous that they called that, or clays hit.

Comment

The Matthews hits were EXACTLY what they are trying to get the players to do, head to the side, shoulder tackle. Horrible flags.

Comment

Its got dang maddening. Zero explanation for some of those penalties. You can tackle him, but dont land on him?

Comment

Just make the game two below or flag. Would be a lot less penaties

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                          Just make the game two below or flag. Would be a lot less penaties
                          Can you imagine the video reviews? Lets confirm if a finger from the second hand actually made contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            The NFL is so yesterday!

This is much better.
                            They have that in the NFL. They just keep throwing those yellow things after it happens...LOL. Protecting the QB is getting to be a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              Can you imagine the video reviews? Lets confirm if a finger from the second hand actually made contact.
                              Or flags for "improper touching". Instead of facemask call, it would be a weiner grab.

Comment

Here is my question with the new regs regarding "Roughing the Passer": The rule is designed to protect the QB after he has actively passed/thrown the ball and now states that you cannot land on him with all or most of your body weight. In the Matthews penalty, the QB was still in possession of the ball, and would/should therefore be the Ball Carrier, not the Passer. How is he any different from a Running Back or Wide Receiver at that point? Why is the QB getting singled out with special rules, and not all players in general?

Comment

Working...
                                X