2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    Thanks for the update Robert. Is it possible to see if mine is included in those 6 if I called up there? I just got drawn for a mid October management hunt in Southwest Texas that I’d love to take this rifle on.
    Absolutely! Just call and ask for Garrett on Tuesday. He will be able to give you an update.

-Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      Absolutely! Just call and ask for Garrett on Tuesday. He will be able to give you an update.

-Robert
      Thank you sir!

Comment

Looks like I am on the list of those still waiting. Doubt I will be purchasing anything from Curtis again unfortunately. APR being extremely upfront about everything and going out of there way to try to get these things done has been great though. Look forward to having y'all build another rifle possibly in the near future.
        Last edited by RShockley; 09-11-2018, 03:31 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

Comment

On the way home from my FFL.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            Enjoy!

Talked to them earlier today and hoping my action should be there in the next few days. I have probably said this to much but I am really looking forward to this rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
              Looks like I am on the list of those still waiting. Doubt I will be purchasing anything from Curtis again unfortunately. APR being extremely upfront about everything and going out of there way to try to get these things done has been great though. Look forward to having y'all build another rifle possibly in the near future.
              I agree man, Alamo has been nothing but 100% straightforward and have done their best to take care of us. I’ll be in on the next build for sure, if not before the next one. I’ll refrain from spending any of my money on any Curtis products, they clearly have better things to do than deliver on deadline after deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                Congrats man let us know how she shoots

Comment

Some Pics

.25-06 Ackley Improved
                  26" Barrel
                  1 in 9" Twist
                  Lone Peak Razor Action
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice^^^

My last custom was on a Lone Peak action. I’d go back to that action in a heartbeat with any future builds. I think you will like it.

Comment

Looks good Phillip!

Comment

Wow, this went from hoping to get my rifle between late April and the end of June. Now I'm just hoping to get it before my Mule deer hunt in November.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                          Wow, this went from hoping to get my rifle between late April and the end of June. Now I'm just hoping to get it before my Mule deer hunt in November.
                          What action are you waiting on?

Comment

Ok guys, got some more news and a little more progress. We were supposed to get another shipment today. I didn't even post it given the past results.....and sure enough it did not deliver. That said, I actually received a tracking number saying that we will be getting the remaining bolts for the short actions already chambered AND the 6 short action standards that will complete that portion of the TBH builds. You should see those builds surfacing throughout next week.

So where does this leave us? The long action Mags were already completed and this will complete the standard short actions. We gave some folks an alternative on the long action standards and most took advantage of it. There were a couple that wanted to wait it out and I have no update for those folks, nor do I expect one anytime soon given the track record concerning those. That leaves us with the short action magnums unaccounted for....... I have no update, but we are offering the same alternative(Lone Peak Razor)in an effort to get these builds in your hands before the rifle opener. Lone Peak quoted us 4 weeks to deliver which will slide them in right at the finish line. You short action mag guys should be getting a call tomorrow explaining the option. That's what I have for now.

Thanks,
                            Robert
                            Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

If you guys want to see a Lone Peak Razor, just look at Phillip Field's post a couple posts up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                                Ok guys, got some more news and a little more progress. We were supposed to get another shipment today. I didn't even post it given the past results.....and sure enough it did not deliver. That said, I actually received a tracking number saying that we will be getting the remaining bolts for the short actions already chambered AND the 6 short action standards that will complete that portion of the TBH builds. You should see those builds surfacing throughout next week.

So where does this leave us? The long action Mags were already completed and this will complete the standard short actions. We gave some folks an alternative on the long action standards and most took advantage of it. There were a couple that wanted to wait it out and I have no update for those folks, nor do I expect one anytime soon given the track record concerning those. That leaves us with the short action magnums unaccounted for....... I have no update, but we are offering the same alternative(Lone Peak Razor)in an effort to get these builds in your hands before the rifle opener. Lone Peak quoted us 4 weeks to deliver which will slide them in right at the finish line. You short action mag guys should be getting a call tomorrow explaining the option. That's what I have for now.

Thanks,
                                Robert
                                Alamo Precision Rifles
                                Robert,

I'm one of those that took advantage of the alternative Lone Peak Actions. I received the rifle yesterday and can't tell you how pleased I am with it. If this rifle shoots as well as it looks, I will be ecstatic. Our bow season opened last week and we have a hurricane bearing down on us, so I'm not sure when I'll get to fireform some brass and work up some loads for this rifle. Hopefully I'll get some ready before our rifle season opens in mid-November. All of my reloading equipment is down at my brother's place in North Carolina.

Comment

Working...
                                X