No announcement yet.

cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about the new ones, but I've got a 2006 Mega Cab Cummins. Tons of room and very comfortable for long trips. I've driven it from Virginia to Texas 13 times, 2 trips VA to Colorado, 1 trip VA to Maine, 1 trip VA to Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      Yes. As of next month I’ll have had it a year. Just deleted it, and it’s a beast. Tons of interior room, and very comfortable on long rides. Ive done a few 2k mile road trips, and one 4500 mile trip in it so far. In a few months I’ll do a 6k trip to Canada, and all over the Rockies and back.
      Nice!!!

Comment

Bump

Comment

I don't own one, but every one I pass sounds like it doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way. I had a '16 Cummins that felt like it lacked power too. But my only comparison was my deleted F250.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I don't own one, but every one I pass sounds like it doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way. I had a '16 Cummins that felt like it lacked power too. But my only comparison was my deleted F250.
            I had a stock 12 f-350 that would boogie too. My 15 deleted duramax 3500 drw will also blow the doors off. Never been in or drove a new cummins but looking at them for more of a family vehicle/ commuter as it would put less miles on my haul truck and would get better mpg and be way easier to park. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

This just sounds silly. If you are looking for a stoplight drag racer the Ford and Duramax will be quicker. Hook a load to them and things change quite a bit. TFL truck tests these trucks at their limits, but since the Chevy is rated to tow the least amount of weight they limited them to that. Towing 22k#, 8 miles up a 7% grade, there was ~30 seconds of difference between slowest and fastest time and the Ram wasn’t last.

In a recent dyno test, the Ram put more torque to the wheels than anybody even though it lists the least amount of HP/TQ.

The reality is all of them are more capable than most people will ever need. Pick the one that suits your needs and wants and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                This just sounds silly. If you are looking for a stoplight drag racer the Ford and Duramax will be quicker. Hook a load to them and things change quite a bit. TFL truck tests these trucks at their limits, but since the Chevy is rated to tow the least amount of weight they limited them to that. Towing 22k#, 8 miles up a 7% grade, there was ~30 seconds of difference between slowest and fastest time and the Ram wasn’t last.

In a recent dyno test, the Ram put more torque to the wheels than anybody even though it lists the least amount of HP/TQ.

The reality is all of them are more capable than most people will ever need. Pick the one that suits your needs and wants and enjoy it.

You have to remember the Ram is only getting that power in a 3500 truck. The non Aisin equipped trucks (Ram 2500) are limited to 800 lbs of torque. Many people think they’re 2500 is right there in power with the Ford and Duramax. It’s still plenty of power to do **** near anything you could ever ask of it though.

Comment

You have to remember the Ram is only getting that power in a 3500 truck. The non Aisin equipped trucks (Ram 2500) are limited to 800 lbs of torque. Many people think they’re 2500 is right there in power with the Ford and Duramax. It’s still plenty of power to do **** near anything you could ever ask of it though.

You are correct.

I tow my 12K# 5th wheel with my Ram 2500 and so far I’ve not found anywhere that it struggled to hold speed.

I recently deleted and will do my first somewhat long tow this weekend so looking to compare power and mileage to prior to deletes.

No doubt it *could* tow more but at 1600# pin weight, I’m at the limits of listed max payload.

Comment

You are correct.

I tow my 12K# 5th wheel with my Ram 2500 and so far I’ve not found anywhere that it struggled to hold speed.

I recently deleted and will do my first somewhat long tow this weekend so looking to compare power and mileage to prior to deletes.

No doubt it *could* tow more but at 1600# pin weight, I’m at the limits of listed max payload.

Let me know what kind of mileage you’re getting with that setup deleted. Both towing that load, and empty. I just deleted my F-350, but haven’t put on enough miles to figure out how much it helps.

Comment

My FIL has a 17' Ram 3500 fully loaded (dont remember the exact model). It's a nice truck and will tow anything but if your going to use it as a cruiser this would not be my first pick. The thing rides pretty rough to be honest but I've never been in a 3500 Ford/Chevy to compare it too. All I can compare it to is my F150 which would be oranges to apples at this point. But he has owned quite a few diesels (a couple Dodges and a Ford) and has made the comment that it rides rough and was thinking about going back to a 1/2 ton for daily driving.

Comment

cummins

Let me know what kind of mileage you’re getting with that setup deleted. Both towing that load, and empty. I just deleted my F-350, but haven’t put on enough miles to figure out how much it helps.

My first tank after deletes and tunes yielded 600 miles whereas previous to deletes I averaged 460-480 miles. That was on the 60HP setting. This was in mixed driving and a little playing. I’m currently running on the 100hp setting for comparison.

I’ll likely turn it back down to the 60HP setting while towing this weekend.

Comment

Thanks for all info And input!

Comment

I know 2 guys I work with both have 2015 Duramax’s. They’re both slow as balls and lack power when it comes to unloaded driving. My stock ram 2500 wouldblow the doors of their stock Duramax.

Comment

A coworker of mine has leased a 1 ton truck from each of the big 3 over the last few years. This is what they had to say about each;

Ford: super stiff suspension while not towing, the stiffest out of all 3. Don’t drive down a dirt road with an open top drink cause it will splash out.

Chevy: the best riding truck and nice interior but seemed to be the slowest when hitched up to their normal livestock trailer full of cattle.

Dodge: awesome power, it’s too bad the rest of the truck is not as top notch as the engine/transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                                I know 2 guys I work with both have 2015 Duramax’s. They’re both slow as balls and lack power when it comes to unloaded driving. My stock ram 2500 wouldblow the doors of their stock Duramax.
                                Interesting...

Comment

Working...
                                X