Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
    I was rooting for a Tiger win!

He has been through a lot of self inflicted crap and the back fusion.

Love him or hate him, he is good for golf!
    As much as I dislike Tiger and wish the attention would focus more on the young talent, I give him the for overcoming a lot of his personal issues and still getting his name in the top rows. I'm glad for him to have done what he did this weekend and earned a good paycheck. He has done so much for golf over the years and obviously has a huge impact on it still. To me though, the hype that follows his game around these days takes away from the other guys that are out there playing great too.

Kinda a comparison to George Strait, and I love me some King George, but towards the end I don't think some of his #1's were #1 worthy but his fan base made them #1's just because it was another GS song. Tiger can go out on a weekend and play like doodoo and still see more air time than some of the guys that played great just because he was in the field. Props to him for being one of the greatest golfers to play the game, but there's other guys that deserve some of that attention.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
      As much as I dislike Tiger and wish the attention would focus more on the young talent, I give him the for overcoming a lot of his personal issues and still getting his name in the top rows. I'm glad for him to have done what he did this weekend and earned a good paycheck. He has done so much for golf over the years and obviously has a huge impact on it still. To me though, the hype that follows his game around these days takes away from the other guys that are out there playing great too.

Kinda a comparison to George Strait, and I love me some King George, but towards the end I don't think some of his #1's were #1 worthy but his fan base made them #1's just because it was another GS song. Tiger can go out on a weekend and play like doodoo and still see more air time than some of the guys that played great just because he was in the field. Props to him for being one of the greatest golfers to play the game, but there's other guys that deserve some of that attention.
      you just compared tiger to George?
      set yourself on fire and save us the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        you just compared tiger to George?
        set yourself on fire and save us the trouble.
        Sh*t doesn't burn, you know that

Not really comparing them as people, just as an icon in an industry and the influence on that industry, and the way they rose to the top and stayed on top. Then in the end, no matter what they did, the fans kept them in their "greatness" even if their performance was sub par.

Now if you are worried that I'm comparing them as people, no. Tiger is an *******, or at least he was when he was winning all the time. Now that he is trying to climb back up to the top everyweekend, his **** may stink just like everybody else's.

Comment

Tiger seems quite humble about just being able to swing a club these days, much less get himself not only in contention, but almost winning last week. Admitted he was not sharp Sunday with the irons -- actually, had to play conservative approaches due to being between clubs distance-wise for a lot of those irons. Despite this, he's in at least a playoff if Paul Casey doesn't shoot 65.

Amazingly, the 42-year-old Tiger owns the single fastest club-head speed recorded on the PGA tour this year at 129.5 mph! All of these young guns are paying full attention about now.

Thing about golf, if you hit the ball the fewest number of times, you win. There's no sales or fans that give you a better score somehow. Now, playing in his group may have an effect, with all the commotion that he is used to and opponents are not. But, it's also the element of playing with a legend -- two major winners Spieth and Stinson shot +11 playing with Tiger.

Looking forward to what he can do.
          Last edited by tradtiger; 03-14-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake8504 View Post
            I read something today where a kid was stating how he works at a golf course in the bar and Sunday's are usually his slowest days. Due to the fact that Tiger was playing on Sunday, he had more patrons than they normally have, and made 3X the money he usually makes on a Sunday.
            Trickle down economics I tell ya!!! (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Trickle down economics I tell ya!!! (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
              Exactly!

Like him or not, he's having a positive impact on the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

I agree but he earned that attention. All those young guys have to do Is dominate the field like Tiger used to do. It's there for them. Heck most of them guys are still getting out played by what a lot of people call an old has been. He's great for GOLF always has been and always will be.

Comment

Not me, but then I don't care about any golfer--

Comment

I like seeing champions that are so driven to win it pushes them to the brink of insanity. There aren't many out there with the level of internal motivation Tiger has(had). Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong (obviously not a happy ending), Roger Federer. Tiger is right there with them. Even though they're usually complete a-holes (Federer isn't), they are driven to greatness by something other than money. It's pure desire to not only beat, but annihilate the competition, and it's awesome to watch.

Then the whores came and ruined it, but what are ya gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                      I like seeing champions that are so driven to win it pushes them to the brink of insanity. There aren't many out there with the level of internal motivation Tiger has(had). Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong (obviously not a happy ending), Roger Federer. Tiger is right there with them. Even though they're usually complete a-holes (Federer isn't), they are driven to greatness by something other than money. It's pure desire to not only beat, but annihilate the competition, and it's awesome to watch.

Then the whores came and ruined it, but what are ya gonna do?
                      I believe he sought the whores which would mean....he ruined it

Comment

wow....518/11 pages on TBH on Tiger Woods,guy got a lot of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!

He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.

Does anybody even care if he comes back???

Apparently a lot of people care just look at the stats on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I believe he sought the whores which would mean....he ruined it
                            Believe you me, a guy like Tiger Woods doesn't have to go looking for sportin' ladies.

Comment

I kind of think Tiger isn't to concerned with winning tournaments other than the Majors. Look at this past tournament were he was pretty spot on Thursday through Saturday and then on Sunday he said he was between clubs on most iron shots??? I watched just to see what happened and what I saw was someone playing as if they had the lead hitting to the middle of greens and playing it safe. I think it's all prep for the Majors because that's the real record Tiger wants to break and if he does that he will not only set the most Majors ever but also the most tournament wins ever by a golfer. He's 3 wins from tying Sneads (82) record for most wins and 4 back from Nicklaus (18) on Majors.

I think he's a jerk off a person but you have to admit he can play some golf!!!!

Comment

-3 through 9 and one shot off the current lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X