No announcement yet.

Peacocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple cats that do the job, don’t like people much so they are not around your feet, never make any noise

Comment

I raised half a dozen guinea hens when I lived in the country. I heard they were great guard animals as they would supposedly make a racket if a car or animal they didn’t recognize approached the house. Well yes, they did make a racket when that would happen but they would also make a racket all times if the day. I shot them all out of an oak tree one morning and fed them to my dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
          I know they are the loudest animal EVER...
          We used to have them on our family ranch and they were LOUD! They finally got eaten by something.

Comment

I have four of them . They are great for snakes . Our snake population has drastically been reduced since getting the birds . They are very good guard dogs . I have 2 males 2 females .

Comment

Get a cat

Comment

They’re in the pheasant family. Just sayin’...

Comment

People use guineas for the same thing. They're ridiculously noisy too.

Comment

God knew folks would eventually get tired of em so he made em tasty!!![emoji2]

I thought about getting a couple guineas but our chickens go to the neighbors all the time. She said she was fine with the chickens but was gonna shoot any Guinea that showed up over there so I passed!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      They’re in the pheasant family. Just sayin’...
                      Ppl hunt them kinda like pheasants... well pheasants mixed with blue quail...

Comment

I know this much, they're really good eating, seriously good eating.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          I know they are the loudest animal EVER...
                          yep, my parents' neighbor has several peacocks and those high-pitched screaming birds are very annoying

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            I raised half a dozen guinea hens when I lived in the country. I heard they were great guard animals as they would supposedly make a racket if a car or animal they didn’t recognize approached the house. Well yes, they did make a racket when that would happen but they would also make a racket all times if the day. I shot them all out of an oak tree one morning and fed them to my dogs.

I have always wondered if I let guinea hens lose on the back part of the ranch they would grow wild in I have all trees and water.

Comment

loud and will scratch anything with paint on anyplace and anything nearby

Comment

Originally posted by cajun blake View Post
                                yep, my parents' neighbor has several peacocks and those high-pitched screaming birds are very annoying
                                This x2 My neighbor have some and they are annoying!

Comment

Working...
                                X