Skyfire App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyfire App

Just thought I'd pass this on in case some of y'all haven't seen it. Skyfire is a new app that is kinda like a weather app for photographers. Its only purpose it to predict the odds of colorful skies at sunrise and sunset. Previously it's only been available for iOS. I just saw on the Skyfire facebook page that they now have a beta version for Android available. I just downloaded it on my phone, and it looks to be working great. We'll see how the forecasts go, but what I've read from other users so far is promising.

Link for Android beta:

It's a 60-day free trial for the Android beta. Subscription is $9.99 for 3 months or $29.99/year. I signed up for a year. I'll get a lot of use out of it, I'm sure.

This one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	skyfire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	24531742

Comment

I think if you are on an iPhone then Skyfire can be added within TPE (maybe). On the Android, you need to get the Skyfire beta from the Play Store link I posted, and it is a stand alone app.

TPE is pretty cool too. It shows you when and where the sun and moon will rise and set. You can zoom in to any location on earth and see a satellite view of the landscape, and then the app shows you exactly where the sun will set. Helpful in picking a spot to shoot.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X