Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bino harness for elk/muley hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged.

I borrowed a set of AGC and took it off after the first day of using it and went back to a strap type harness. That being said, my buddy loves his, but it wasn't for me. I used the strap type Sitka harness the last two years, but I would like more protection. I also have the problem with the lens covers coming off and now knowing it. I tried the original model of the Sitka and it barely fit my Swaro 10x42's so I sent it back. I think they made a bigger size now.

Never heard of the FHF brand. I might look closer at that one.

Comment

I've been looking for a good bino system as well and think I've narrowed it down to the Alaska Guide Gear C.U.B....but it looks big and I don't know if I'll like it or not.

Comment

Checkout FHF and Outdoor Vision.

I have an FHF and love it. Really no complaints except that I wish it opened the other direction. Probably the least bulkiest harness out there.. I'm going to buy and Outdoor Vision soon and compare the two..

I agree, agc is way too bulky

Comment

I have a Badlands, works well. I like the binoculars coming out and not being tethered in my hands. I keep my range finder on a stretch cord on the bottom with 10x42 on top.

It also has a hydration bladder bag in the back, there’s a small zipper in the harness. If your pack is off, it’s convenient to carry a quart of water.

I’ve seen the Kuiu at the range, the guy said it will not hold large binoculars, but Kuiu’s gear is top grade and ultra light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Marsupial

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
            Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning towards the Kuiu or the Solo Hunter. I'm thinking the forward opening lid will work better for me.

Anybody have any experience with the Marsupial Bino Harness?
            I have the Marsupial harness and range finder. The are well built and stick to your chest well. I like the forward opening lid. It is the only one I have owned so I cannot compare it to other brands.

Comment

I have used the Vortex Guide Pack (made by Alaskan Guide Creations), the Badlands and S4 Gear Lok Down. They all have their good features, but for me the Guide Pack and Badlands are to big and bulky......especially for bowhunting. I have always returned to the S4 Lok Down. It fits tight to your chest, does not bounce around, and offers plenty of protection for your binos. Here is a picture of the Vortex Guide Pack made by AGC. You can see it is huge. If you leave you binos out they hang in front of the pack which really makes the system bulky.

S4 Gear Lok Down is my choice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vortex Guide Pack (1) (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	24534061

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vortex Guide Pack (2) (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24534062

Comment

I like the looks of S4, the Badland one I have does not work good for me when bowhunting especially sitting. I tried out a AGC and it was not for me.

I might get one of the S4, it seems to be much smaller and not as bulky.

Comment

I have tried everything. Best thing I’ve settler with is in a small fanny pack

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    I have tried everything. Best thing I’ve settler with is in a small fanny pack
                    I am afraid you are right, I do that now in a treestand.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                      Checkout FHF and Outdoor Vision.

I have an FHF and love it. Really no complaints except that I wish it opened the other direction. Probably the least bulkiest harness out there.. I'm going to buy and Outdoor Vision soon and compare the two..

I agree, agc is way too bulky
                      I ended up buying the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop Bino Harness. Not bulky, lid opens away from you, and it holds tight to the chest. Also completely covers the binos when closed. It has a rain cover as well.

Thanks for all the input.

Comment

Which bino harness for elk/muley hunting?

I like to tinker around, I’m waiting for some male connectors from Badlands and going to see if I can mount it on the Kuiu pack’s shoulder straps Alternately, for when my bow is strapped on the pack and I’m more worried about falling down than shooting , I can mount it on top and out of the way and not on my chest. Just tinkering......

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          I like to tinker around, I’m waiting for some male connectors from Badlands and going to see if I can mount it on the Kuiu pack’s shoulder straps Alternately, for when my bow is strapped on the pack and I’m more worried about falling down than shooting , I can mount it on top and out of the way and not on my chest. Just tinkering......

That’s interesting? Post pics please

Comment

[QUOTE=bsills;13178499]Badlands Mag Bino Case on sale on Camofire right now for $69.99

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/1[/QUOTE

Love this one and have had for six years. Any issues and they fix a strap, etc at no charge. Great customer service

Comment

Just put my FHF up for sale.. In perfect shape

Have an Outdoor Vision Lite I will be selling in a couple weeks when I get it back as well..

Comment

[quote=czechgrubworm;13307555]
                                Originally posted by bsills View Post
                                Badlands Mag Bino Case on sale on Camofire right now for $69.99

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/1[/QUOTE

Love this one and have had for six years. Any issues and they fix a strap, etc at no charge. Great customer service

I called Badlands customer support. I kept getting transferred to voicemail. Next day I reach a guy there (Nate) who apologized, said 2 people had left, the were short staffed and really sorry. I asked for some male connectors for a project, and he said he’d mail them. I’m waiting for the, trying to figure the best connection location and approach. I’ll post.

Comment

Working...
                                X