Spring break back in the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    We didn't have spring break. We got Good Friday off but I am an old er more experienced fart.
    Must be older---we didn't get Good Friday off--at least not in Missouri.

Comment

I went to Cancun as a Jr. in college somewhere around 96. I have zero recollection of any of it. Pretty sure it was fun.

Comment

Never got to go. We were poor. If we had the money I probably wouldn't have gotten to go anyway.

Comment

Good Friday and the Monday after Easter was our spring break. If we did anything, it was chasin white bass on the trinity.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            I missed that part I was driving my wasted buddy to a dentist in Mexico, because he tried opening a beer bottle with his teeth and broke one off @ the gum line

1986 the drinking age changed to 21 and mexico was closed to American kids because some guy got kid napped /killed by devil worshipers in matamoras
            And Jefferson star ship headed up the concert
            The next year we were in cozamel
            That guy was from Santa Fe and lived down the road from my girlfriend , THE WACKO FROM WACO. Somehow I always ended up with the nut jobs.
            No you Linda if you see this,[emoji849]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it right back then...

Spring break...84-85-86-87-88 on SPI....

And I was in blanco Whites bar in Matamoros the night Mark Kilroy from Santa Fe was kidnapped.....we started seeing posters 2 days later....

Wouldn't even consider going over to old Mexico anymore...back then it was the thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                Spring Break 1975 Fort Lauderdale drove from Dallas 21 hours in a Triumph TR6 with Super Tramp on the 8 track. Great times. Came home sun burnt hung over and in love with a school teacher from New York. LOL

Ft Lauderdale. 1977 for me. Ford Fairlane and Bad Company on the 8 track tape. We didn't have a hotel. We slept in the car and kept getting woke up by the police and moving around to different parking lots all night. First topless French girl with hair under her arm pits I ever saw. She was gorgeous but yuck. The Candy Store had just opened. Now that place was a party

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Barefooted!

This ^^^^^^.

Google is your friend huh? I'm not sure your old enough for the Van Halen
                  days.
                  You caught me

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

And I was in blanco Whites bar in Matamoros the night Mark Kilroy from Santa Fe was kidnapped.....we started seeing posters 2 days later....

Wouldn't even consider going over to old Mexico anymore...back then it was the thing to do
                    I couldn't remember his name.
                    Man that seems like ages ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Was that the joint that had 25 cent Coronitas and everyone drank them dry then smashed the bottles on the floor? 100 drunk kids partying in ankles deep broken glass. Good times!

The Kilroy murder was the same year.
                      Last edited by 100%TtId; 03-14-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I used to go black drum fishing during spring break. I grew up just minutes from South Padre and it never appealed to me for spring break. To many people. My senior year of college I had three fraternity brothers stay at our house for a couple of days during spring break and we went over for a few hours in the afternoon and to take in Louise Back Yard a couple of nights. Nothing crazy.

Comment

no such of a thing in 1965 just got good Friday off and that was it

Comment

We played baseball

Comment

Spring break back in the day.

We ventured into Matamoros a few nights in the early 90’s for Sping Break. I remember the Black Cat where you would slam your bottles on the floor and another bar with the dentist chairs to shoot tequila.

We’re lucky to make it out of that country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 03-14-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                We ventured into Matamoros a few nights in the early 90’s for Sping Break. I remember the Black Cat where you would slam your bottles on the floor and another bar with the dentist chairs to shoot tequila.

We’re lucky to make it out of that country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Exactly......

didn't even think about the dangers back then....I remember the taxi ride back to the bridge and the guy sideswiped like 4 cars he was so drunk....

3 for a $1 coronitas for us.....

My buddy drank margaritas and then @#$& his pants for 2 days...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X