Galveston suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston suggestions

Headed to Galveston with the family. Suggestions on things to do and places to eat?

Cajun Greek is some good eats.

Comment

Just ate at the downtown Shrimp & Stuff last week. Impressed and not over priced.
      Last edited by Tequilazo; 03-14-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Moody gardens
        Pleasure pier
        Schlitterbahn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

"Shrimp kisses" at Fishtale's- across from Pleasure Pier.

Comment

Shrimp-n-Stuff at Ave O and 39th...great fried seafood and the best crawfish west of the Sabine.

Comment

Take the ferry over to Crystal Beach and eat at Stingarees. You won't be disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                Shrimp-n-Stuff at Ave O and 39th...great fried seafood and the best crawfish west of the Sabine.
                X2

Comment

Cajun Greek on 61st.

Comment

Farley Girls for breakfast/brunch- get the O.M.G., look it up. It's....life changing.

Comment

Farley Girls- my family favorite
                      Gypsy Joynt- great burgers
                      Sunflower cafe- for breakfast

Comment

A little known but great place to visit is the 21 theater which has two shows; Pirates and the Great 1900 hurricane. It is on Harborside next to the Tall Ship Elissa. There are several other smaller museums in the area as well. Also I have booked several kayak tours that are real fun for the kiddos.

Shrimp and Stuff is our go to and Rudy and Pacos for dinner with the wife. For great hole in the wall Mexican food try Mi Abuelitas on 45st. Not a pretty place but the food is real good and at a fair price. For a nicer breakfast try the Mosquito Café.

Good luck and enjoy your Galveston stay.

Comment

I like the Hub Cap Grill on the Strand. I don’t think it’s a must to take the kids to La King’s Confectionery for ice cream and candy. Another favorite for my kids is Hey Mikey’s for ice cream, though we frequent the one in Texas City for convenience. I also like Mario’s on 61st St for pizza. Shrimp and Stuff on 39th is great as well. I like the Fisherman’s Wharf for dinner, a little more casual than some of the other seafood stops.

Comment

The Spot on the seawall is a great lunch spot and good views. Place gets packed so plan accordingly.

Cajun Greek has excellent seafood

Dibella's is a good Italian dinner spot

Maceo's downtown has good muffalattas

Shrimp and Stuff for poboys

Comment

El Nopalito, is a tried and true Ol'School Mezkin, place to eat... Great Menudo

Comment

Working...
                              X