No announcement yet.

Spring break back in the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevie Ray Vaughn in Padre was about as good as it gets. Just wish I remembered more of it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember spring break as week of haying, seemed hot....

Comment

Did not have it in Louisiana growing up and in college..........I cant remember!!! LOL!!!

Comment

If there was ever a thread that needed pictures, this one is it. Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Yeah, we got a week off between the Winter and Spring quarters at Louisiana Tech. I always worked between quarters (as well as during the quarters). The only time I remember not working is when I was sick.

Never had any such thing in HS. I would have had to work then to (and did on weekends and summers).

But that was the 70's and early 80's.
            Last edited by grizzman; 03-13-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
              heck you guys were lucky! my spring breaks consisted of 40 hour days at the plant nursery cleaning and raking and working my *** off for a 1.00 sprite out of the vending machine a day. and that was only 10-15 years ago and it didn't matter the weather!~
              40 hrs? I remember my first part-time job [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Spring Break only meant I got to work five full days at my part-time job...'

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  40 hrs? I remember my first part-time job [emoji106]

Lol this

Comment

I thought it was a bit later in March when I was a kid. Seems we had warmer weather when we went to Port A. It is a beautiful My College kids went to Galveston for a few days. I doubt they will get in the water. Too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      If there was ever a thread that needed pictures, this one is it. Pics or it didn't happen.
                      That evidence got destroyed a long time ago [emoji1]

Comment

March 10, 1984. Louie’s Backyard. South Padre Island. Met good looking blonde from UT. 38 years later we are on spring break with 2 of 3 kids, skiing! Same time frame.
                        Last edited by bklem; 03-13-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

In the 80's only strippers had tramp stamps
                          Now days it might be hard to find someone with out a bad tattoo
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                            March 10, 1984. Louieā€™s Backyard. South Padre Island. Met good looking blonde from UT. 38 years later we are on spring break with 2 of 3 kids, skiing! Same time frame.
                            I have a friend Larry, he worked for the State and he would take a 2 week vacation and go to S Padre and work at Louis's backyard. He knew the owner and he would make a ton of money. He was there when you were.

Comment

Running with the devil a little Van Halen

Comment

I head to Port A tomorrow with a group of buddies. Some of our lady friends own a resort house on the beach down there. Excited to see what unfolds is an understatement!

Comment

Working...
                                X