No announcement yet.

Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a nice looking lantern. It would be very tempting. Guess it depends on what else you want to spend the $190 on.

Comment

Casey,
      let me chat with a few other collectors to see if we can find you a better deal.

Comment

My wife likes the idea of displaying a red one like that. I'd never light it that's fo sho.

Comment

What date do you need again?

Comment

4/69. Only looking for a 200 red in that date.

Comment

Okay

Comment

Timm, it was an honor to finally meet you...

I have a funny story about the heater I got from you..

I got home from Houston this morning, and just couldn't stand it no longer...

Went by Wally world to get more fuel, and got home with intentions of firing this heater up... After 3 attempts, and soaking the catalyst all over, it is ginnin..

But. My next door neighbor was leaving for work at 5:15am, and saw the 3 ft. Flames, stopped,,, and thought my house was on fire... Called 911... After I splained what was happening, we got it straitened out.

It is now 6:15,, and the heater is glowing like it did in March, 1970.

Thank you , sir.

Comment

Great to meet you as well. Next time turn the heater upside down and let the fuel create the silver dollar spot. Light it and it it will work.

Glad your neighbor has your back.

Comment

Ok lantern experts, this one I got from my granddad.....I have pictures of it at their deer camp in the 40's or 50's. It has a patent date of June 25, 1929 on the bottom but I don't think it is the original top. If its not the correct top what should it look like and where can I find one?

Comment

Tbar look at mine in post 223. I think yours should have that top.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                        Tbar look at mine in post 223. I think yours should have that top.

Spot on Casey! The ventilator is for a 200 or 200A model.

Comment

Oldcolemanparts.com. Coleman collector forum Coleman collectors on Facebook

Comment

Look on the collar for a model number

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                              Look on the collar for a model number
                              Where?

Comment

Take some dish soap and sponge and clean off the collar between the fount(fuel tank) and the frame. that's there the model number is located.

Comment

Working...
                                X