This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    12 in the next three years? That’s a reeeaaach! But say they do...6 will be taken top 15, one or two others would have to be flyers. You wanna finish bottom 15 or hope to get lucky? Maybe overpay in the draft to move up?

I understand your points, and I may overate him some. But you have to stop ignoring the nature of the quarterback market, especially guys who can take you to the playoffs, are under 25, and who you can actually get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory of vet sign is a small window till you can draft a guy... cowboys could be in that 15-20 range in the next two years or close enough to make a move without giving the farm. I totally understand the market, and all I’m saying is I’d rather gamble on getting another cheaper vet qb till i found another one equal/better in the draft on a rookie contract or via free agency. We’re seeing more an more QBs playing Into their late 30s and beyond. If dak was an above avg qb flirting with solid then I’d say it prolly is what it is, and say it’s just the way it is....... butttttt he’s not so.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
      You are taking the redskins approach. They let cousins go. And signed an aging vet

4 years 94 mill is not the contract I’m talking about

I’m talking 2 years 40 mill (20 mill per) opposed to 35 mill per for the same player....

Comment

I am not a Dak fan but I will give him a chance being away from Scott Linehan.

Comment

Which first rounder did Miami trade for from Arizona? Word is he can’t beat Fitzy out for the starting job...

Josh Rosen.....the spoiled brat prima-donna from UCLA

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            My theory of vet sign is a small window till you can draft a guy... cowboys could be in that 15-20 range in the next two years or close enough to make a move without giving the farm. I totally understand the market, and all I’m saying is I’d rather gamble on getting another cheaper vet qb till i found another one equal/better in the draft on a rookie contract or via free agency. We’re seeing more an more QBs playing Into their late 30s and beyond. If dak was an above avg qb flirting with solid then I’d say it prolly is what it is, and say it’s just the way it is....... butttttt he’s not so.

Jerry doesn't have time to play games or chances. He wants another SB before he kicks off. I'm afraid he going to go all in on Dak because he may not have 3-5 years to groom another one.
            Last edited by Smart; 08-11-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

4 years 94 mill is not the contract I’m talking about

I’m talking 2 years 40 mill (20 mill per) opposed to 35 mill per for the same player....

2 for 20 will get you almost zero, you are throwing in the towel on those two years.

Remember, most of the top 15 QBs contracts “broke the bank” when they were signed.

Comment

2 for 20 will get you almost zero, you are throwing in the towel on those two years.

Remember, most of the top 15 QBs contracts “broke the bank” when they were signed.

Oh I’m def not planning on contending those years, and if dak gets “his deal” then we’re just slowly pulling off the bandaid. we’ll lose quite a few good players to it, and the team will suffer from the ripple effect. If dak gets his money they’re 100% throwing in the towel on zeke an elite rb yet scared to shuffle an at best avg qb.

He’s not good enough to make up for the pieces we’ll lose like an elite QB does.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Jerry doesn't have time to play games or chances. He wants another SB before he kicks off. I'm afraid he going to go all in on Dak because he may not have 3-5 years to groom another one.

Only reasonable explanation

Comment

[ATTACH]967642[/ATTACH]

Comment

They could have also offered him 30 million per and he didn't take it because he didn't like the guaranteed money or the number of years.

Comment

Oh I’m def not planning on contending those years, and if dak gets “his deal” then we’re just slowly pulling off the bandaid. we’ll lose quite a few good players to it, and the team will suffer from the ripple effect. If dak gets his money they’re 100% throwing in the towel on zeke an elite rb yet scared to shuffle an at best avg qb.

He’s not good enough to make up for the pieces we’ll lose like an elite QB does.

So your solution is to throw in the towel for 2 years minimum, with the best (or top 3) and highest paid offensive line in the league, a fantastic young cheap linebacker core, great d-line, and a real good secondary...and roll the dice on a qb in the draft (you may want to look at those odds), when all these guys are on the way out because they’re tired of losing???

Comment

So your solution is to throw in the towel for 2 years minimum, with the best (or top 3) and highest paid offensive line in the league, a fantastic young cheap linebacker core, great d-line, and a real good secondary...and roll the dice on a qb in the draft (you may want to look at those odds), when all these guys are on the way out because they’re tired of losing???

Hate to be the barer of bad news but it’s going to be the same result with an overpaid qb.... atleast we’ll be able to pay the role guys to stay. In 3 years we’ll have lost the same guys and not even be able to entice them to stay for money...

The cowboys could find a top 20 qb to keep it in the right direction enough to get us to a long term guy.

Comment

Your FACTS say Rodgers is 16th...

Of the 16 ahead of him, 11 are going to retire where they are, or get a lot more than 30 mil where they are. Watch.

Several guys below him will get over 30, some will get a lot more.

At 17th, the market bears that he will get 30+, doesn’t matter what I think or you think. They have no option to better him without overpaying an old guy, or tanking into the low first round. Oh yeah, don’t forget that age..

That is fact!
                            The cowboys have no other options pay him and let’s go
                            Dak is good enough to go all the way with the team made as it is.
                            We have to keep all the good parts at least for another two or three years.
                            It you can’t see this why are we talking
                            Jerry ain’t letting Dak walk. That’s a fn pipe dream.
                            The biggest story right now is Zek. How is this going to go down.
                            Dak is a done deal!!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                              That is fact!
                              The cowboys have no other options pay him and let’s go
                              Dak is good enough to go all the way with the team made as it is.
                              We have to keep all the good parts at least for another two or three years.
                              It you can’t see this why are we talking
                              Jerry ain’t letting Dak walk. That’s a fn pipe dream.
                              The biggest story right now is Zek. How is this going to go down.
                              Dak is a done deal!!
                              Zeke will be 100% gone if they pay dak what he wants

Don’t forget coopers contract is next in line after dak

Comment

Hate to be the barer of bad news but it’s going to be the same result with an overpaid qb.... atleast we’ll be able to pay the role guys to stay. In 3 years we’ll have lost the same guys and not even be able to entice them to stay for money...

The cowboys could find a top 20 qb to keep it in the right direction enough to get us to a long term guy.

Absolutely NOTHING about this makes any sense, whatsoever, in the NFL.

If you overpay, you overpay the most important human in the organization. You have a top 15ish guy on the planet now at the hardest position to find IN SPORTS. He will be around top 11-12 by virtue of retirement in 3 years if he doesn’t improve at all.

Role players are called that for a reason, in 3 years they’ll want to be payed, thus making them not role players. You don’t pay ROLE PLAYERS!

All the “long term guys” you’ve mentioned so far we’re over payed when they were mid pack...

I am going to bow out at this point, so as not to go down a wrong road.

Comment

Working...
                                X