Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '93 is safety only now.

Comment

Whoa! We getting our rights back! What a step forward. According to the constitution, as long as you are traveling while on personal business, you do not have to have a drivers license, insurance, registration, or an inspection. If you use the highways for conducting business then you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I for one will be happy to see it go.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          I'm fairly certain diesel trucks don't have emissions testing

Diesel emissions inspection is visual only. No testing but supposed to have DPF, muffler etc

Comment

Parker county requires emission so I would still have to do that. But I wouldn't complain to see safety inspections go away. At least here it is cheaper than PA. I would $30 for state and another $40-50 depending on the shop for emissions.

Comment

The place I go to has a dummy car parked in the parking lot. If it is obvious you vehicle will not pass they will tell you they can help to make it pass but you will need to come back in 2 hours. After you leave they pull the dummy car in and use that vehicle as a substitute for yours. It will cost you an extra $50 for the "work" they did to get your vehicle to pass.
              I say this to say this......useless law.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                Whoa! We getting our rights back! What a step forward. According to the constitution, as long as you are traveling while on personal business, you do not have to have a drivers license, insurance, registration, or an inspection. If you use the highways for conducting business then you do!

The founding fathers were so smart to address car inspections way back in 1776 when they wrote the constitution.

Comment

I have a 1995 F-150. I hope it can pass emissions for the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    I hope so. Its just another money grab and pointless.
                    You really think any government entity will take a pay cut? You WILL still pay it, just not for an inspection. They will hide it somewhere else and most likely you'll be paying more in the long run.

Comment

With the same stroke of the pen they need to get rid of the trailer inspections

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post

Testify Brandon.

Comment

So, are they keeping trailer inspections?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            So, are they keeping trailer inspections?
                            Knowing the collective morons in the Capital, probably so.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              These are a true waste of time. I have multiple trailers and none of the inspections so far were more than a casual look at the trailer. Did not check lights, brakes or chains. Just another money grab!

Now - I understand that some trailers (like vehicles) should not be on the road. If they are going to charge for the inspection - at least do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                                Its a waste of time for $7.00..Back when they at least adjusted Headlights it kept that part in order..Now every other Raised/Leveled PU on road Blind folks..
                                My thoughts exactly !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X