No announcement yet.

how many grow back yard chickens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LWarchery.... Not sure how long you've had the game hen or if you know anything about them. The hens make great moms, they set and brood chicks great. I just wanted to warn you in case you didn't know. If the hens hatch out chicks you have to be care full around them, Mine will attach me and my dogs if we get too close. I hate when I'm not paying attention and all of a sudden I have a ****** off hen in my face trying to get me to back off from her chicks....

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
      LWarchery.... Not sure how long you've had the game hen or if you know anything about them. The hens make great moms, they set and brood chicks great. I just wanted to warn you in case you didn't know. If the hens hatch out chicks you have to be care full around them, Mine will attach me and my dogs if we get too close. I hate when I'm not paying attention and all of a sudden I have a ****** off hen in my face trying to get me to back off from her chicks....
      Yes sir I learned all about them when a was a little kid. This is my first time raising them. My grandfather has raised them for over 40 years. Thats how I got them for free. I have been beat on by those momma hens several times.

Comment

Originally posted by animalhse View Post
        My wife and I started with 4 chickens in our backyard. Then she wanted a milk goat......,,then land hunt began and lasted a year, bought our small farm .
        3 1/2 years later were living on 23 acres with about 70 laying hens, milk goat, milk cow and pastured pigs. It's an addiction that we love.
        That is my goal next is property with every animal you can think of.

Comment

Lwarchery ... those are some healthy looking chickens..... whatever your doing it appears right...

Comment

Kinda a sore subject right now. Our new house came with a chicken coop so I beefed it up and we were given 2 hens and a old rooster (Gammpy). My wife fell in love and so did my 6yo son. I found my dogs in the coop Saturday morning. They dug through a layer of concrete and pulled back the tin. They then spent the next 4 hours in a very small travel kennel with a blanket over it, with 3 dead chickens. I'm going to beef it up a little better and get us a couple more.

Comment

I wish I could raise them, buy eggs for a good price.

Comment

This is going to be one of our next backyard projects.

Comment

We just got 3 Gold Sexlinks that are 18 weeks old. Should be getting eggs soon.

Comment

No pics but son just whacked a possum that was getting eggs. We provide welfare for lots of critters. Coyotes, bobcats, hawks, possums and chicken snakes like them

We have had chickens for years, fresh eggs are great

Comment

Originally posted by animalhse View Post
                      My wife and I started with 4 chickens in our backyard. Then she wanted a milk goat......,,then land hunt began and lasted a year, bought our small farm .
                      3 1/2 years later were living on 23 acres with about 70 laying hens, milk goat, milk cow and pastured pigs. It's an addiction that we love.

awesome pic!

Comment

I live in the city limits and my place isn't big enough to allow chickens. I am about to start raising Coturnix quail though. Jumbos for eggs and meat.

Comment

right now I have about 250 hens at the house.

Comment

can u post a picture of that coop or dimensions

Comment

Working...
                            X