No announcement yet.

Best coon guards for your deer feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hope to get more information but like the idea of attaching to the sides of the plastic. Just need to get some 1 inch wire.

Now if we can get a few more pxs of rigging wire there might even be a better way.

Thanks, Jim

I do shoot the hogs with the buckshot plus any big boar I tend to shoot a little "far" back to keep from having to drag the stinking thing off.

Trouble I have at night with the 22 is neighbors in the area and one shot one coon the way they will run at first fright or shot.

Comment

Spin tech and no issues. No cages and the coons still don't get the corn

Comment

I’m about to put a hot wire around my feed peen to keep them from even climbing in. I’m not sure if you have a pen or not. There is another thread on here that a guy put a zapper on his cage.

Comment

Hot wire around the feeder motor and grounded to the legs

Comment

What about for protein feeders?

Comment

4” pvc (schedule 40) pieces- 30” or 40” long suspended by light chain
              Nothing else necessary.
              Running about 12 that way for at least 10 years.
              No coon photos on the mechanisms.
              DP’s. Pm for any questions.

Comment

Ive never been able to load more than one photo at a time from my phone...so bear with my excessive posts. Had to square the pic for it to load too.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Curled the wire gate tag ends for some hinging action

Comment

Electrical fixture chain with tension springs and carabiners.

Comment

Open gate

Comment

Ive anothe Wild Game/Moutltrier plastic feeder that I did the same type cage but the 2” square tubing legs attach near the spinner...and impeded proper marrying of cage to the hopper body...so I simply cut two squares of wire and self tapped...with bottle cap washer...the cage wire to the legs. The legs fit perfectly in one wire square width but two high...and allowed the cage to flush mount to the plastic hopper body.
                        Same same but different.

If I had had key ring snaps like FnDs ...Idve used those...for the hinges and gate latches...but didnt.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-07-2018, 07:37 PM. Reason: FnDtypeSpake

Comment

This is close to the others. Just out of expanded metal. 3 or 4 beam clamps. With wingnuts welded to them, tool less.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have taken the high quality Ultramatic cages off now cause the corn piles up underneath worse. PVC eliminates the need for them.

Comment

I built some winch up style feeders pretty much like the hang’em high but higher. I used 17ft legs with a little wider stance so when the coons jump on to the barrel they can’t jump back on to the legs to get down. They do not like falling from that high up. Never have any coons bother my corn feeders.

Comment

The cages and PVC pipes over the feeders as pictured above.

Comment

Working...
                                X