No announcement yet.

Trump salutes North Korean General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe because he is not the absolute jerk the media makes him out to be,,,,, nothing wrong with respect and the general like ours do not run the military

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Good Lord. A few short months ago the world was worried Kim Jong-whatever was gonna nuke us all, but then Trump strong-armed them into capitulation. Now we're in a tizzy over this? Come on.
      Agree. Get over it. Its little crap like this, that leads to nothing getting done. Move on, back to work holding their feet to the fire that they follow threw on what was discussed.

Comment

The fact it’s stories on politico and cnn are obvious signs there’s valuable info left out to sway you to negatively see the presidents actions...

Comment

Who cares.

If Trump doesn't salute, all over the news "Trump is disrespectful".

Comment

If the NK General saluted, it was probably a sign of respect for a higher ranking official. Trump in-turn returned the salute- as it should be. Military courtesy.

Comment

Every move the POTUS makes is under a microscope none before him has ever dealt with. If the worst we can come up with is he returned a salute I say he’s not doing too bad����

Comment

Give respect, get respect! ...even if they don't deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                  He's not. The military custom is to salute the higher ranking official, NK general saluted Trump first, Trump returned a salute (which is never required by a higher ranking official, but is considered a sign of disrespect.)
                  Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  From what little research I did I would liken it to giving an "olive branch" or sign of peace. I believe by Saluting the General it was a clear sign of respect and offer of peace and Truce and recognition of the respect shown to him first. Bottom line is if Trump didnt return the salute the left Trump hating liberals would be crying how Trump insulted a foreign General.
                  Agree...my first thought too...

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended the action Thursday afternoon, calling it “a common courtesy,“ adding that “when a military official from another government salutes ... you return that.
                  He returned the salute....nor did he freakin bow.

Comment

A salute given is a salute returned. It is customary and honorable.

Comment

I can tell some of your mothers never taught ya'll how to make friends
                      and influence people

Comment

I saw it, the general saluted Trump then he simply returned it.

Comment

I'm really not sure why this should matter on anybody's g.a.s meter...I think I shrugged some when the bow happened last go round, but sure didn't let it steal my joy??

Comment

I can't believe this is even a topic for discussion. A show of respect was all it was. This sounds like some of the crap that would be on CNN and spread by libitards.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              but its still better than bowing.
                              Kind of a tallest midget argument.

Comment

If potus had given the general a hand shake and not salute he would have still been wrong in the eyes of some people. I think the general showed trump some respect and potus returned it! That’s all. Not an issue in my eyes. Go Trump go

Comment

Working...
                                X