Brushy Hill Ranch Hogs end of February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Ranch Hogs end of February

Hi everyone, long time lurker but just signed up today and became a supporting member. I have a question aimed more or less at anyone who has hunted hogs at Brushy Hill Ranch. Three of us went on a Hog/exotic off season hunt last February. It was our first time there and we stayed 3days 2nights. Didn't have much luck with finding the hogs first night, spooked a few out of some brush while stalking during day but on the last night we heard them stirring around 10p but never would come out into the opening we had baited. Going this year end of February and was wondering if anyone would like to share some experience or tips/tricks on laying eyes on hogs at night there. We were in the Wil Rehm pasture last time and will be this time as well. Thanks again in advance!

Go on a full moon and corn the roads. So back and watch the roads. Stalk them with the wind in your favor and have fun. Hog heaven South always had a lot of pigs but didn't see any this year while I was there. But that doesn't mean they aren't there for sure. Good luck to you

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

We was there last week and seen a piglet twice and on video once with a group of turkeys.
      Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

Thanks for the input. So it's better to corn the roads and sit off the side? We have a couple of pop up blinds that we are planning on brushing in but not near the roads. Didn't seem like a lot of activity was taking place on the roads from the tracks we saw but I'll give it a shot again.

Comment

That's a good pig pasture. What I noticed when there turkey hunting is they're on the move a lot once it's dark.

A popup could work but I agree with the above, lightly corn a bunch of road then spot and stalk. I stalked some the other night with just a headlight.

I found myself in some hogs without my bow mounted light so I tilted my headlight "gangsta style" on the side of my head so that when at full draw it illuminated my target just enough to get a shot off.

It worked really well BTW.

Oh, and listen to Nick, he won't steer your wrong and will do all he can to help out.

Comment

Any particular location on the Wil Rehm pasture that hogs are more prevalent or that you have noticed a lot of activity?

Comment

Working...
            X