Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    This is gonna be tuff.!

I started ketoing on Monday afternoon after reading some of this thread. Did some research on the net. Bought some supplies. Had lost 4 lbs up till today and my blood sugar had dropped from an average of ~140 to ~105. Do not know if I was in the state of ketosis, but I was headed there.

Then................my wife brought home Chicken enchilades. I could not resist. I didn't eat the beans or the rice, but them sour cream covered morsels were fabulous.

Oh well, I start again tomorrow.
    Going to be tuff is an understatement. I ate tacos and rice for lunch on Monday. I decide to start the Keto eating method and have stayed true to what I am supposed to be eating. Parts of yesterday and today I felt like I was hung over. Been hanging in there but I am craving sweets/carbs but have not given in. I placed crackers, bread and tortillas on the table in front of where I eat every meal. I am determined not to give in.

Comment

Haven't had any ill feelings so far. Been staying away from sugars and carbs pretty well until this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Going to be tuff is an understatement. I ate tacos and rice for lunch on Monday. I decide to start the Keto eating method and have stayed true to what I am supposed to be eating. Parts of yesterday and today I felt like I was hung over. Been hanging in there but I am craving sweets/carbs but have not given in. I placed crackers, bread and tortillas on the table in front of where I eat every meal. I am determined not to give in.
        Google fat bomb recipes. Cures my sweet tooth and they can be made in all flavors.

Comment

Also, do not forget to salt your food. I like the pink Himalayan, sea or kosher salt.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            Google fat bomb recipes. Cures my sweet tooth and they can be made in all flavors.
            Will do. I need something to get me through the craves.

Also, do not forget to salt your food. I like the pink Himalayan, sea or kosher salt.
            I have been salting food a bit more than usual. I have also been making a drink out of the juice of 1 lime & 1 lemon plus a teaspoon of pink salt and half a cucumber. I add enough water so that it makes about a 32 ounce drink once it's all blended up. For some reason I really like the taste and seems to kill some of my thirst that has been pretty intense for the last two days. I have easily been drinking about 1.5 gallons of water daily.

I am happy to report today I felt great and worked out prior to my shift. Additionally, I never got hungry throughout the day which was a major problem before changing what I had been eating. Fixing to do some cardio and see how that goes. I appreciate all the tips from you fellas that have been doing this for a while.
            Last edited by Pedernal; 05-19-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

May have to try it out

Comment

Will do. I need something to get me through the craves.

I have been salting food a bit more than usual. I have also been making a drink out of the juice of 1 lime & 1 lemon plus a teaspoon of pink salt and half a cucumber. I add enough water so that it makes about a 32 ounce drink once it's all blended up. For some reason I really like the taste and seems to kill some of my thirst that has been pretty intense for the last two days. I have easily been drinking about 1.5 gallons of water daily.

I am happy to report today I felt great and worked out prior to my shift. Additionally, I never got hungry throughout the day which was a major problem before changing what I had been eating. Fixing to do some cardio and see how that goes. I appreciate all the tips from you fellas that have been doing this for a while.

Sounds like your body is adapting well to the fat for fuel. It gets easier once you get to this level. Keep it up.

Comment

Sounds like your body is adapting well to the fat for fuel. It gets easier once you get to this level. Keep it up.
                  Thanks for the info and encouragement... I am happy to say that I feel really good when it comes to not having the energy spikes both up and down. I am down 6 lbs after just one week and the only time I felt bad was when the "Keto flu" kicked in. So far it's all positive. I am planning on starting to kick up the cardio and weight lifting and see how all that goes. Also, I plan on having blood work done to see how my body is adapting to this way of eating.

For those on the fence about trying it out, I really encourage you to give it a go!!

Comment

Thanks for the info and encouragement... I am happy to say that I feel really good when it comes to not having the energy spikes both up and down. I am down 6 lbs after just one week and the only time I felt bad was when the "Keto flu" kicked in. So far it's all positive. I am planning on starting to kick up the cardio and weight lifting and see how all that goes. Also, I plan on having blood work done to see how my body is adapting to this way of eating.

For those on the fence about trying it out, I really encourage you to give it a go!!

Keep it up and enjoy the ride. The pounds will shed off. If ya need anything else, drop me a line or post it up in here.

Edit....save the blood work for at least 2 months in.

Comment

I started it today . So will keep an eye on this thread .

Comment

Anybody still drinking a few beers or alcohol on it ? Any good recommendations ? I love my beer, but I know it doesn't mix well with Keto.

Comment

How's everyone doing?

Comment

Where does a sweet potato fit on a Keto plan? I tried looking it up but could not find a common answer on the number of carbs.

Comment

My 84 year old grandpa who can’t hear anything calls it the Cheetoh diet.😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
                                Anybody still drinking a few beers or alcohol on it ? Any good recommendations ? I love my beer, but I know it doesn't mix well with Keto.
                                I quit drinking beer due to keto...Diet ginger ale/water & vodka.... that does the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X