Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub venison for beef? Anyone else do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a very long time I never bought meat out side of chicken or bacon. This year is the worse year for me spent to much time working. We didn't shoot anything this year outside of a few pigs that were trapped. It's a bad deal, freezer is empty on venison for a while. Smh *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do as much as possible except for steak night or a brisket.
      I make fajitas, burgers, chicken fry, chili, stew, etc with venison as well as snacksticks & summer sausage. We Never have to buy smoked pork sausage or breakfast sausage. We put up 6 deer this year and usually 4+ in the past.
      I cook a lot of it while I'm working out of town on the rig too. The hands enjoy it when I make chili.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have only eaten what we shoot or catch for about 10-15 years now. Like most, we'll buy steaks once in a while and chicken about once a month to grill but that's about it. Right now our freezer has Axis, Sika, Wt, duck, a few quail and cranes and a decent bit of fish in it.

Comment

No beef since 2005

Comment

Did it for years. Beef was the meat that had a "twang" to it.

Comment

Yes, only beef is the occasional steak for grill or fajitas. Any ground red meat has been deer for years.

Comment

Venison only as far as red meat goes

Comment

For the last couple years, all we do is this. Venison and wild pork.

Comment

Starting to do it more and more. Really enjoying being able to get away from store bought red meat.

Comment

Like most others we don't buy beef if we can help it. I do like to mix a little fatty ground beef into our deer burgers though just to help them stick together but other than that everything that calls for cow gets deer. We were fortunate this year in that we were given several deer to process and put in our freezer.

Richard.

Comment

Yes I would say 90% of all the red meat we eat is some type of venison. We have been that way for years.

Comment

I usually haven't killed more than two or three deer per year. So venison is pretty special to me. I generally try not to use it in ways where the difference between it and beef can't be fully appreciated. If I had an unlimited supply of venison, I probably wouldn't eat much beef.

Comment

Working...
                          X