No announcement yet.

Anyone used a GOPRO camera for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Kodak Playsport zx5. 1080hd video, lcd screen, as small as a cell phone and you can get a 2x telephoto lens. I think its a perfect camera for bowhunting. My only gripe with the kodak and gopro is its lowlight video.

Comment

Love mine!

Comment

Originally posted by huntman933 View Post
        I think your hoodie is inside out!

Comment

I have the gopro and i use it all the time. from bow hunting, to duck hunting. I really like to use it duck hunting.

Comment

My wife uses a kodak Playsport and it works well. Waterproof and shoot 1080 video.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              I think your hoodie is inside out!
              Or your treestand is upside down.

Comment

The goproHD is extremely wide at 120° field of view. This doesn't give you much in the way of zoom. It will give great video of up close objects.
                Additionally the original HD Hero doesn't perform very well in low light. IE 30 minutes after sunrise and 30min prior to sunset will likely be your starting and stopping points.

The new goproHD Hero2 does a MUCH better job with low light video and stills. For hunting purposes I'd have to drop the extra $50-100 on the new version for this reason.

They have awesome battery life, about 1.5 hours of continuous video. That along with a 32GB card, allows you to turn it on and forget about it.

IMHO the gopro doesn't make a very good camera to take into the stand with you. However, as Dave said above setting them up near a feeder or trail could yield some awesome footage, from that second angle.

Comment

This was the gopro I used for this video. Just for reference, the feed and trail to the right are 16 yards. Halfway up the hill is 44 yards.

This was the WGI Vantage I used for this one. I like this better but it is a little more grainy. I will take the grainy because of the zoom option

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6E5vurUOs8&feature=context&context=C236a0 ADOEgsToPDskJ0UMuiA7yLGvUKMZtqHl9Z"]Big 4 point - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Also gopro has a daily give away going on. Giving away one of everything they own. I've been entering 4-5 times a week trying to win to no avail. But it's free and you can enter once every day!

Comment

I have a Wildgame Innovations vantage cam thats pretty good. I was going to get the gopro but the vantage cam has infrared that works well at night that is perfect for night hunting hogs and stuff. I have heard good things about the gopro though as well. My only complaint is that the vantage cam gets grainy when zoomed in..

Comment

http://youtu.be/KSoz0H6Ti3M This is video shot from the Kodak Playsport ZX3. I have the new ZX5 now and like it alittle better. The feeder is 20 yards away and the lighting is slightly on the poor side. I believe the shot was at like 7:40pm in early bow season. Zero zoom shot in 720p 60 frames per second. The new ZX5 has a optional 2x magnetic lens.
                        Last edited by bloodycactus; 12-12-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Is it me or does the quality not seem that good. From watching the clips on thier site it looks awesome but I have yet to see one that was real crisp on line. Maybe it is just my screen????

Comment

alot of the sharpness or lack there of has to do with the upload.Everytime you upload a vid the new encodeing degrades the video alittle bit. when I first get the video off the camera or watch it on my big screen it looks the the sales pitch vid but when I edit it and upload it to youtube it looks like it wasn't shot in HD. Also when you watch the videos on youtube be sure select and watch the vid in HD.

Comment

Don't let the upload fool you. I just bought the hero 2 and takes some super video I used it bowfishing and took as good of video as my cousins $2000 hd video camera. WELL worth the money imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X