No announcement yet.

Raw Land to Dream Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!!! Clearing some land I just purchased as well!!! Just on a way smaller scale... Congrats

Comment

Congrats! We are building out in Spring Branch now. I have a thread going of our clearing and building process too. If u need a builder I have one I recommend.

Comment

Any pics of the equipment.

Comment

Looks beautiful!! Following.

Comment

Excited for you. Following

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
              Any pics of the equipment.

Here's a video, kind of blurry but you get the idea

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Got the house sight finished up and started on the perimeter yesterday. Going to finish that up today and see how much time I have left.

Comment

I have fallen way behind on this thread but we are FINALLY ready to get this party started! A lot has happened since the last time I posted, me and a buddy put in my service, drilled my well, and along with a lot more clearing have the house site ready to go. Getting the plans nailed down and exactly how we wanted them was a much longer process then I ever imagined but we are really happy with how they came out. Getting married and building your forever house all in the same year is a full load for sure but it will all be worth it when it's over. Here's a few pics of us building the service and the well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of clearing including the house sight done since the last update.

Comment

And the " final " house plans. Even these have had changes made. All small stuff such as windows moved/added, extended the back wall to the breakfast nook instead of boxing off etc but you can get the idea.

Comment

Where'd you rent the hydroax? I have been looking for one but no one in the corpus area rents them. Also, how my sq ft is the house? Looks huge...

we are going through the same process right now. Just about to start the clearing of the land.

Comment

Good for you folks!!!!

I always enjoy seeing those who can "picture" land as to what it can be with work! Seen it time and time again, thick acreage that turns dreams into reality. The fun part is you were able to "vision" what it could be and are turning it into what it will be.

This is a big part of my job with our clients, helping them "vision" what it ultimately can be their dream coming true. Congrats and I hope it's all you want for the future!!

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                            Where'd you rent the hydroax? I have been looking for one but no one in the corpus area rents them. Also, how my sq ft is the house? Looks huge...

we are going through the same process right now. Just about to start the clearing of the land.
                            Hired a guy to do the hydroaxe job. Couldn't find anyone to rent me a big machine and the one on the skidloader wasn't going to cut it for what I needed. Everything since then i have used an excavator and skid loader and done it all myself. Having a neighbor that owns a bunch of equipment helps alot.

House isn't to big, 3150 under AC plus the garage and there is a smaller 9x9 room on the garage level that will be my processing room also not included in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                              Hired a guy to do the hydroaxe job. Couldn't find anyone to rent me a big machine and the one on the skidloader wasn't going to cut it for what I needed. Everything since then i have used an excavator and skid loader and done it all myself. Having a neighbor that owns a bunch of equipment helps alot.

House isn't to big, 3150 under AC plus the garage and there is a smaller 9x9 room on the garage level that will be my processing room also not included in that.
                              Yea, I found a place to rent the brush cutter and it would probably do what I have a need for. Going to meet a guy today with a hydro ax and see what he things he can get done. I have 5 acres and need enough cleared to build a house, have a small garden, and fence it. Three sides are luckily already cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post

There is a place at the corner of 77 and 37 that rents out the hydro axe on a skid steer. They had two last time I checked. Forgot the name of that company H&H or H&V something along those lines. I was told over the phone that it has to be rented by the week, no less.

If you want to go the larger route like the one pictured I have a buddy that was layed off and he is now helping his father run one like it out of Falfurrias. They were charging $200/hr last time I saw him.

Comment

Working...
                                X