Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    Update fellas

The highway frontage mulching has really cleaned up the veiw.Its ready for a new fence. The gate has been designed and hopefully they will start Monday once things dry up a little bit.

Should get the cabin this week and ordered the road base for end of next week. Met with the power company waiting on a cost for that doesn't look too good might be off the grid for a little while, I have to start picking my priorities.

Pulled cards not too many new deer few different little bucks did come through. Sorry about the clarity on this picture I was in the truck but here's a group of the ones I see quite a bit at all spots.

I do have a problem they are rarely going to a protein station and not staying long. And the coons or wiping me out it looks like. These are timed units so I can control how much is in the trey but I think I made a mistake mixing corn with the protein? I really didn't expect this much coon activities but should have realized of course if I put corn is going to be Coons..

Deer are eating protien at hand thrown sopts. But i did mix it with Big J.

Will the coons eat protein as much as corn?

Sean
    Grayson County is the land of B&C coons. I expect the world record coon to come out of Grayson in the next year or two (I know, I'm feeding him right now).

Comment

Funny, my agent on this deal has a place bordered by 3 sides of hargerman. He has shown me some studs! He also knows the owners of the place for 1.6M that was on here recently. Again all studs!
      I bet he showed you some pics of studs to speed up the purchase!

Comment

Congrats! Nothing like owning your own ground. Tell those tresspassers Grayson County sells by the square foot and they need to keep their feet off your feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
          Grayson County is the land of B&C coons. I expect the world record coon to come out of Grayson in the next year or two (I know, I'm feeding him right now).
          My Fannin coons will give them a run for their money.
          Look like furry basketballs

Comment

Pour some rice bran in the troughs of your protein feeder and mix with pellets. It should help attract the deer to it And the coons won't eat it. The coons will go for the straight protein though. But once you have the deer on it good the timer feature ought to help you combat the coon consumption

Comment

Its pretty much only thing for sale over there. Been for sale for a bit, but I got them down on price.
              I'm not familiar at all with the area, but after some searching pretty sure this would be the first thing I would do with my lottery check. Drool factor off the charts.

Comment

Well we got the cabin Saturday and had some buddies out. Also took delivery of our new Branson tractor and implements.

Thats my son making memories on the tractor.

Same bucks on cameras as before. No new guys.

Did find a dead spike near highway. Most likely hit by a car.

Will start prepping for food plots next weekend and building on porch.

Fence guys get started back tomorrow and should finish this week.

Ok, so Mike (buckslayeretx) and I found this track. What say green screen?

Sean
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Spearchunker; 02-26-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Looks like a dog track. Nice place, btw!

Comment

Awesome stuff, Sean! Great looking cabin. You going to finish the inside or is it already finished out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

that yote is gonna need to drop bigger bills to buy his safety.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

I can promise you that is no "Yote" track. It was huge with claw imprints. I know what I think it is, but dare not utter it on here. It is within a few miles of the river and some varied thick rough terrain. Would have loved for him to get a trail cam pic of it but didn't. I've been in the woods a long time and have never seen a track like it. Wish we would have got some better reference pics. We did find a piglet that was almost gutted within 80 -100 yds of the track. It would make me think about a sidearm when walking to the stand in the dark.

Comment

I am more then willing to help you with your Hog problem,

Comment

Gates and fence in the works!

Today the wife asked how the budget was looking..lol what budget I siad.

Well she smiled and went shopping....crap
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buckslayertx View Post
                                I can promise you that is no "Yote" track. It was huge with claw imprints. I know what I think it is, but dare not utter it on here. It is within a few miles of the river and some varied thick rough terrain. Would have loved for him to get a trail cam pic of it but didn't. I've been in the woods a long time and have never seen a track like it. Wish we would have got some better reference pics. We did find a piglet that was almost gutted within 80 -100 yds of the track. It would make me think about a sidearm when walking to the stand in the dark.

I too am afraid to say it. If I see fresh tracks again there will be a goat in my hog trap soon. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X