Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
    200A are awesome lantern. I got a Coleman accessory try for mine. I keep my extra mantles in there. Some sellers want way too much money for those little reds.

You need to find your birth month and year lantern.

I got one earlier this year. It's being restored into a very cool looking lantern.

Timm, just curios... When you restore one, as in new paint and such, is there a special color paint Coleman used??

Like the J. D. Green and yellow...

Or do you just get as close to original you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Timm, just curios... When you restore one, as in new paint and such, is there a special color paint Coleman used??

Like the J. D. Green and yellow...

Or do you just get as close to original you can.
      Coleman does not sell their paint so the closest I could find was at Lowes Hunter Green. The ventilators are different. You have to use a high heat paint and then bake it. I have a source that will restore the ventilators but the wait is a long time.

I have not messed with the 200A red because I only have one and I like the way it looks now. I have repainted stoves and lanterns only. It's pretty easy. Now the paint will only take so much abuse before you have to shoot it again. The nickel plated 228D is getting polished, but not repainted. I've decided to use it after I got back from Colorado elk hunt.

My only working lantern (I brought three) was 1941 242B. My 288's would not light at all. Brought them home and they worked fine. Must have been altitude sickness.

Have fun with it and don't be afraid of taking them apart. It's pretty easy. If you need help just ping me.
      Last edited by 2050z; 10-28-2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I used Rustoleum Hunter Green on my stove.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          I used Rustoleum Hunter Green on my stove.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...=Coleman+stove
          Yep that is the paint I use.

Comment

Might have to load up the wife and do some garage selling this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Might have to load up the wife and do some garage selling this weekend.
              I have a lead on three 2 burner stoves and two single burner stoves if you are interested.

Comment

Here is a 51 (1964 model 220E) year old font that I just finished repainting. I used Rustoleum Hunter green and two coats of clear. I bake the paint for about an hour at 200 degrees in an old toaster oven.

Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-28-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I have a restoration going on a 1959 220E also. I will post some pictures when I get it put back together and burning.

Comment

Looks good Mike

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                      200A are awesome lantern. I got a Coleman accessory try for mine. I keep my extra mantles in there. Some sellers want way too much money for those little reds.

You need to find your birth month and year lantern.

I got one earlier this year. It's being restored into a very cool looking lantern.
                      Well I will have to do some looking to find one

I found something the other day that I need to get a pic of, old box of mantles in individual packages

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Well I will have to do some looking to find one

I found something the other day that I need to get a pic of, old box of mantles in individual packages

That sounds like a nice find.

Comment

Guys, I think I just scored, but want you to tell me for sure. This has been in my shop for probably 10 years, it came from an old disbanded local boy scout troop. I have never used it, but after this thread I want to clean it up and get it running. Is this what I think it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                            Guys, I think I just scored, but want you to tell me for sure. This has been in my shop for probably 10 years, it came from an old disbanded local boy scout troop. I have never used it, but after this thread I want to clean it up and get it running. Is this what I think it is?

Huge score!!

Comment

Nice Jethro

Comment

Here is a pic for you Timm

Not sure how old it is, can't find date on box anywhere. Pretty full too

Comment

Working...
                                X