Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was hard to get outta da bed this morning, but I made it anyway. Just 30 minutes late! Shoulders and finished off the leg work I didn't get in yesterday thanks to the nonresidents. Supersets 4X8-10 and the last set is a strip set.

Military press/prone leg curl
    Seated lateral raise/seated calf raise
    Upright row/dead lift
    Rear delt cable fly/sit ups/cable rotation

This is probably only the third time I've done deadlifts since having my hip replaced in June 2018. The last time I did them I didn't use much weight, but couldn't walk for a week! This time i used more weight and it feels pretty good. For now.

Arm day tomorrow and maybe some chest and back.

Comment

Got after it again last night. Proud to say I haven't missed a workout since Aug 27th. Min of 5 days a week.

My runs are getting a little longer/faster and I'm able to push my sandbag workouts a little harder. The scale is also finally moving a bit more. Hit 224.8 this morning, down from 244.2 Aug 6th. In the Marine Corps a hung around 190 and the lowest I've been since then was 210. It's gonna be a sweet victory to break that.

Going to the bike shop this afternoon to look at road bikes. I used to ride about 10 years ago and I've got the itch again. I'm just not sure where I'm going to fit it into my schedule just yet.

Comment

Any other Houstonian's gym close? Not that I'll be able to make it, just curious.

Comment

Knocked out Shoulders, core, and cardio first thing this AM.

66 mins and 802 cals

Legs..... Tomorrow.......

Comment

DB thrusters.
            DB lateral L raises.
            DB Y presses.
            DB incline W raises.
            Tubing reverse X flys.
            16 second reps and I'm learning my letters.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
              Any other Houstonian's gym close? Not that I'll be able to make it, just curious.
              Mine closed for the rest of the day shortly after your post

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Mine closed for the rest of the day shortly after your post
                Son of a *****....

Just pulled up to the gym and they are still freaking closed... BS

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Son of a *****....

Just pulled up to the gym and they are still freaking closed... BS

Dang! That sucks!

Made it in late again today and I really wish I had gotten there on time. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to get done. Oh well, arm day is what it turned out to be. 4X8-10 supersets with the last one a strip set.

Preacher curl/body weight dips
                  BB curl/skull crusher
                  Hammer curl/overhead rope extension
                  Overhead cable curl/overhead DB extension
                  Incline situps

Hopefully I can make all 5 days next week. Have a great weekend!

Comment

For whom the Bell tolls challenge:
                    6 exercises, try to complete 90 seconds each set using 8 second reps (4 up, 4 down). Run as circuit twice with 60 second rest between circuits.
                    Inverted reverse grip rows.
                    Push-ups.
                    DB squats.
                    Cross knee planks.
                    DB curls.
                    Bench dips.
                    Got 16:20 out of a possible 18:00. 15:30 was the minimum for progression to week 9.

Comment

Made it both days this weekend.

Saturday was legs and cardio.

2 mile jog to start, leg routine from above, and finished with 15 mins of stairs. 75 mins and 1038 cals

Todays was arms and core plus cardio before and after along with a evening 2.25 mile jog. Total was 1517 cals over 126 mins.

Since I missed friday tomorrow is chest just like everyone else.... Sigh

Comment

Knocked out chest. 66 mins total and 685 cals

Did 10 mins on the skeeter as a warm up and 10 mins on the stair master to cool down.

Comment

I made it today. I sure wish the work week was as short as the weekend! Back and leg supersets 3X8-10 and the last set is a strip set.

T-bar row/hack squat
                          Low row/leg extension
                          Inverse grip plank row/cable rotations/situps
                          Body weight ring pullups/ball slams

Off tomorrow.

Comment

The stars finally aligned and I got a session in before work. Snatch work with chest/back super sets to finish it off.

Comment

Asymmetric training this week.
                              Angled pull-ups.
                              DB bent over rows.
                              DB no money curls.
                              DB fielder curls with side lunge.
                              4 sets each. 10-12 rep max in one hand and 20% less in the other hand. Switch each set.

Comment

Cardio, core and back done. 77 mins and 1000 cals

2.75 miles on the tread. Too many dang back extensions and core is still sore from Sundays session.

Comment

Working...
                                X