No Hunter's Ed ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    Bantering is only fun when you're on the same side!

Yup the hog hunting license thread is what made me start this one.

LOL...nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you took hunters safety in New Mexico and buy a Texas resident hunting license it will not indicate that you have done hunters safety...a Federal game warden at Fort Hood almost got me for not having my new Mexico hunters safety card, however I had a copy in my permit binder in my truck..

Comment

I got a ticket in 1996 on the north end of lake livingston duck hunting. Out of 4 people he only asked for mine. I think it was 75 bucks.

Comment

I fall in the "Special ;-)" Category 0:-)

Honorably Discharged Jarhead
          Born July of 1971
          I also have my Bowhunter Education Certificate

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            We are bantering about being on the same side. LOL....I agree that “May” is subjective. My point I guess is if they are going to require it they should put it in writing saying so. As it is there is a lot of grey area. I am in the majority that thinks of you have it why not carry it. Kinda like the hog hunting hunting question that keeps coming up. “Do I have to have a license to hunt hogs only?”

Lawyers like grey areas. That's how they make money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I took hunters ed in AG class when I was 15. Evidently it was never recorded. Since I am hard headed I got a ticket everytime I talked to a GW. I figured the fine was less oer hour than a weekend of my time. Last year I did it online and it was easy. No more tickets and I do not carry a card.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hunters ed and was ticketed once for not having the card on me while hunting even though it is printed on my license. Ticket was dismissed when I sent in a copy of my card.

Comment

I also read that it said that active duty and Honorably discharged vets are exempt from taking the course. This is something I bet a lot of people do not know.
                  Really, I’ve taken the class 2x’s and I’m a vet!!!🤬

Comment

Take a picture of it and keep it on your phone in case you lose it.

Comment

Kind of related but I want to say that I had my hunt permit confiscated at Laguna Atascosa one time cause I had forgotten my hunter's ed card. I had to show up with the card to get my permit back. The guy said that I was lucky that one of the wardens didn't check me cause I would have gotten a ticket. This was years ago when You had to checkout after each hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                        Really, I’ve taken the class 2x’s and I’m a vet!!![emoji2959]

That’s what it said in the link in post 4 or 5. I took it as well and I’m a vet also. Why did you take the class twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Redbone View Post
                          I have hunters ed and was ticketed once for not having the card on me while hunting even though it is printed on my license. Ticket was dismissed when I sent in a copy of my card.
                          You had an awesome GW for them to ticket you for not having the card, a little sarcasm there.
                          I’ve never had an issue for just having my license and HE# on the license, knocking on wood.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                            Kind of related but I want to say that I had my hunt permit confiscated at Laguna Atascosa one time cause I had forgotten my hunter's ed card. I had to show up with the card to get my permit back. The guy said that I was lucky that one of the wardens didn't check me cause I would have gotten a ticket. This was years ago when You had to checkout after each hunt.

I have been checked twice dove hunting and once while I was getting ice to ice down my deer at the store. None of them asked me for for my card. Probably because I had it in my wallet. LOL

Comment

That’s what it said in the link in post 4 or 5. I took it as well and I’m a vet also. Why did you take the class twice?

I lost my OK HE card and instead of calling OKC for a replacement I just took it in TX. I’ve actually taken HE 4x’s, 1x was with my oldest daughter and the Bowhunter Ed was to bowhunt Montana. Told the wife she’s going to go with my 2 youngest kids and get her’s too.

Comment

every once in a while its nice to be older
                                Us older folks don't have to have it.. Grandfather for Texans born before a certain date
                                Don't remember what that date is

Comment

Working...
                                X