Tundra or F-150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Its your story, tell it how you want too.
    Lmao. Its just like a few Guys I know on here and the their storys and accounts of their first bow bucks. Everyone has their own version [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
      Tundra is the Lexus of trucks.

Ford is . . . well . . . the Ford of trucks.
      Smh

Comment

On my second Tundra and the only other truck I owned was Chevy and it was a pos. I have the 2014 4x4 5.7 with a 3/2 leveling kit and 285’s. I get 14-16 and pulling my 19’ Bluewave I get 8-9. Love my Tundra and never had an issue with the 2 I have owned.

Comment

Originally posted by white falcon View Post
          no brainier, tundra!
          lol

Comment

Tundra for me, only other truck I had was a Titan, it was ok, not near as good as the Toyota.

Comment

I'm on my second 5.0. Had a 13' and now a 15'. I love the motor/truck. I run a PMAS intake and custom tune from Ken Osborne with Oz Tuning. It wakes the truck up noticeably. The 5.0 tows well, gets high teens mileage unloaded with stock size tires. I run larger tires so my mileage is crap, no better than a tundra. The eco boost is a strong motor, I just don't like it. I do believe Toyota's have better resale value if you don't plan to keep the truck for a while.

Pulling an 8k TT trailer from Sonora to Houston I avg. 8.9mpg with 34's running between 65-70 for reference. Daily driving is in the 13.5-14 mpg range and long hwy trip is 14.5-15.5 mpg. The 36 gallon tank with a CC and 6.5' is the perfect combo IMO. I don't believe you can do that with a Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Amen to that! I always laugh when the first thing out of a truck owners mouth is "it gets _____ mpg's!".

I imagine most Prius owners always brag about how much their Prius can haul on the Prius owner forums.

OP, go Toyota. Built way stronger than the Ford is. And I own a Ford.
                I don’t drive half tons but 10 mpg is ridiculous.

Toyota being built “stronger” than Ford is like most internet stats...made up.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  I don’t drive half tons but 10 mpg is ridiculous.

Toyota being built “stronger” than Ford is like most internet stats...made up.
                  About as made up as all Tundras getting 8-10mpg. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                    Yeah my 2013 4x4 Tundra only gets 9.5 MPG But dang good trucks other than that !

I beat somebody!! Whoo hoo!! I get 10.5! 7 if I'm pulling the Ranger 620FS!![emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      About as made up as all Tundras getting 8-10mpg. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      My brother has 3 as work pickups and they are 10 mpg and well under that towing. Look at some of the posts above from the Toyota guys that are honest about their mileage. 12 on a good day. Lol

Comment

I have driven both recently. I really like the power and comfort of the ford with the ecoboost, but I’m concerned about the turbos. My dad always told me to keep it simple. 2 turbos are 2 more things to go wrong. My main concern is longevity. Anybody got a high milage ecoboost or 5.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                          I'm with the F-150 crowd!
                          I sure like my ecoboost.
                          Same here. I've always been a v8 guy but my ecoboost blows away every v8 truck I've owned. I am extremely happy with it. With that said, the 5.0 is also a very good engine... and a little cheaper I believe

Comment

My brother has 3 as work pickups and they are 10 mpg and well under that towing. Look at some of the posts above from the Toyota guys that are honest about their mileage. 12 on a good day. Lol
                            Ok you are right. All Tundras get 8-10, but 12 on a good day.

Didn't realize TBH had so many dishonest Tundra owners.

Comment

I have the 2017 F-150 2.7 liter ecoboost and love it. I am averaging 22 mpg and I drive mostly city. It also has 8500lb towing capacity and it's pretty quick too.

Comment

Tundra if you enjoy 8-10 mpg
                                Fake news

Comment

Working...
                                X