No announcement yet.

Tundra or F-150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross your fingers that you good the good gas mileage Tundra!. Crazy how the "reported" mpg varies so much in these threads.

Comment

5.0...I recommend the extended cab. Really helps with the extra storage. Especially if you add a box. Think the slightly longer cab gives the exterior a better look/balance.

Comment

I have 2014 Tundra CM 4x4 with the 5.7 and I get 13.5 in the city and around 16 hwy (per the dash read-out). Everything is stock on my truck. I can tell you there has been zero issues with my truck. My father had a 2011 Tundra CM 4x4 with the 5.7 and it was never in the shop except for routine maintenance. It had 260K miles on it when he passed it down to my brother and bought a new one. Brother has been driving it for 8 months, and still no issues. I personally don't have experience with the Fords, but if you do some research, the Toyotas hold their value very well.

Comment

Tundra is the Lexus of trucks.

Ford is . . . well . . . the Ford of trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Cross your fingers that you good the good gas mileage Tundra!. Crazy how the "reported" mpg varies so much in these threads.
            Looks like everyone is saying 15-18 is the average. Seems pretty consistent to me. I do not get the whole lying about mileage thing. I know people do it but why? Hell you have said it three times. Toyota’s are known to drink fuel but I still like mine. My previous dodge and ford got better fuel mileage but one blew a head gasket at 120 and the transmission went out on the other at 150. That’s when I switched. I just do not get the nay saying buy what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Noticed that. Pretty much ALL trucks seems to suck these days when towing too. My '10 tundra gets 16 all day long and even better on long road trips and has been a great truck. I'd still go sit in and drive em both before buying tho. I had to have a long bed so that narrowed down quick for me!

Comment

No brainier, TUNDRA!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  5.0...I recommend the extended cab. Really helps with the extra storage. Especially if you add a box. Think the slightly longer cab gives the exterior a better look/balance.

I got the extended cab on my 2018 F150. It’s nice having the longer bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    Looks like everyone is saying 15-18 is the average. Seems pretty consistent to me. I do not get the whole lying about mileage thing. I know people do it but why? Hell you have said it three times. Toyota’s are known to drink fuel but I still like mine. My previous dodge and ford got better fuel mileage but one blew a head gasket at 120 and the transmission went out on the other at 150. That’s when I switched. I just do not get the nay saying buy what you like.
                    Well, tundras get better mileage than fords.....or at least the fords I've owned then.

Im sure tundras are great, hard to beat the Japs durability. They are ugly unless you lift and tire them though. Not near as ugly as the titan!

The long bed tundra has to be the ugliest truck in history!
                    Last edited by Traildust; 08-30-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Do an internet search for F150 & Tundras with over 100,000 miles. Sort by lowest price on top. I bet ya $1, 7 (or more) of the 10 lowest price in that group will be Fords. Last time I did this, I got to truck #12 before I saw a Tundra.

I like buying things that hold their value better.

Comment

I've been a V8 guy my whole life, but last year bought a '17 Ecoboost 3.5 and that thing is a beast! It would run circles around my old 5.0

Comment

Tundra for me. Mileage is 16-18 unless it got a load on it then it drinks. I didn’t buy it for fuel mileage though.

Comment

Don’t be a Nancy, get the Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              Try 80 mph. I run SA to Corpus at least twice a month. My ego doesnt need a leveling kit and oversized tires.
                              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ego. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Tundra. Hard to beat their reliability and resale.

Comment

Working...
                                X