• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 F-150 with 5.0
    in town, 16.5-17
    hwy, 20.5 to 21.8 doing the speed limit

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Try 80 mph. I run SA to Corpus at least twice a month. My ego doesnt need a leveling kit and oversized tires.
      Its your story, tell it how you want too.

Comment

Tundras is a tougher truck.
        Actual mileage hand calculated is 14-16 in town -stock 4x4
        17-18 on highway
        13 if you are running 90
        Drops about 1 mpg with a level and 34s
        5.0 ford gets about 2mpg better than stock tundra

Comment

I've got a 2016 F150 with the 5.0. 54,*** miles and it's been a great truck. Pulls a lot better than my '13 did.

Comment

There is nothing eco about an ecoboost but they are fun to drive. OP I'd get behind the wheel of both of them and see what you like the best. Good luck!

Comment

I have a 13 Tundra and will never go back to Ford. Who buys a truck and says "I got this for the gas mileage" ???? If you want MPG get a Prius. I was getting 17 in my F150 and get 16-17 daily in my Tundra.

Comment

2016 tundra with 35’s. Getting around 14 combined driving. New 38 gallon tank is nice. 2nd tundra with no problems

Comment

I had both, tundra 5.7 and ford 5.0, Ford was 4 wheel drive tundra was not, other than that about the same, ford wins hands down on comfort and fuel mileage, tundra has more power, fuel mileage on tundra was terrible but that 5.7 is a beast, stopped driving them both at about 170,000 miles, both still running good today at 200 plus.

Comment

neither!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                      Tundras is a tougher truck.
                      Actual mileage hand calculated is 14-16 in town -stock 4x4
                      17-18 on highway
                      13 if you are running 90
                      Drops about 1 mpg with a level and 34s
                      5.0 ford gets about 2mpg better than stock tundra
                      Same here on a 2015 with 285s. Hook a load to it and it will drink fuel but you will not know it’s back there. Should have said this is my second one.

Comment

I'm with the F-150 crowd!
                        I sure like my ecoboost.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                          I have a 13 Tundra and will never go back to Ford. Who buys a truck and says "I got this for the gas mileage" ???? If you want MPG get a Prius.
                          Amen to that! I always laugh when the first thing out of a truck owners mouth is "it gets _____ mpg's!".

I imagine most Prius owners always brag about how much their Prius can haul on the Prius owner forums.

OP, go Toyota. Built way stronger than the Ford is. And I own a Ford.
                          Last edited by WItoTX; 08-30-2018, 07:19 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Tundra here. My '13 5.7 with 4.10 diff and all the towing stuff gets 16-17 unloaded as fast as I want to drive. Don't know what it gets pulling a trailer and don't care. It will pull.

Comment

2017 TSS 4wd, 5.7, get 15 -16 mpg unless pulling a trailer. I do drive the speed limit which seems to be the exception now days. Not a hater of other vehicles , just have have enjoyed excellent quality with all the toyotas we have owned. ( Camry , four runner, two Tundras, FJ and Tacoma).
                              Last edited by chuckc.; 08-30-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

My buddy is on his 2nd Tundra and neither one has gotten good gas mileage and when towing he only gets 6 or 7 mpg. But both have been very good dependable trucks and are faster than the f-150. I have a Ford Raptor that I gave to my son and it could possibly even beat that.

Comment

Working...
                                X