Deer movement North Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer movement North Central Texas

Took this whole week off to get some time in the stand. Figured with no moon hopefully the deer will be on the move.

Anyone hunting up this way? If so, what's the deer activity looking like?

Seen a few young bucks making scrapes, and seen some does looking a little nervous at feeder. Other than that, no chasing or anything else. Buddy told me today that he had a couple of young bucks chasing this am. Going tomorrow am so ill have a better idea then

Comment

Cool deal. Thanks for the info.
      We hadn't seen any activity last time we were out here. I hope that changes tomorrow. Good luck to you and give us a report if u get a chance. I will do the same.

Comment

Saw the same young buck last week running back and forth all morning. And my dad said he saw some small ones chasing around a week ago. I'll be in the stand tomorrow night to see if it's kicked in full swing yet!

Comment

I saw this last weekend, and didn't see any movement this weekend. Too hot I guess. I'll keep an update goin

Comment

I'm in Grayson and not seeing any chasing or buck at all for that matter.

Comment

I am too, I watched two young bucks make scrapes last weekend, but from what I've heard it been a noticeable change since cold front hit

Comment

Best times are when the moon is directly overhead, or directly underfoot.

That being said, if it is at all possible, sit all day... They know when we get down at 9:00 am for breakfast.

The deer are starting to get "stupid" right now. Good luck to you.

Comment

It's colder than a mofo this morning up here. 24 degrees on the river. Hopefully the big boys will be on the move.

Comment

All bucks chasing around Parker county have seen several in daylight pinning does in the open saw a buck yesterday morning breeding a doe right at daylight off hwy 199

Comment

Working...
                    X