X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
      Is this showing 4 inches of snow for us in our area Johnny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes but subject to change. Just posting it for entertainment. Now if the Euro shows this scenario over the next few runs then we might have something to talk about.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw this on FB this morning. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have firewood and whiskey stocked up so bring it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
            Greattttt, have to go to buffalo NY this weekend. These temps should feel like beach weather up side buffalo though.
            Be prepared for snow delays! Take insurance on your flight. Weather delays airline not responsible for. Safe travels and stay warm.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              I have firewood and whiskey stocked up so bring it!
              I'd rather do without it, but if it happens, I'm as ready as I'll ever be......
              Attached Files

Comment

Cold is going to sniff East and central Texas. Heading to the farm in about 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  I personally like what the overnight Euro showed with the potential for a winter storm for parts of Texas next week. The CMC is showing it as well but GFS is warmer and dry.

I don’t like that run at all, panhandle is dry! But it matches our precip pattern since about the end of Aug...

Weird world where Houston & even Corpus Christi have had more snow than Lubbock & Amarillo

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Looks like around 60 straight hours of sub-freezing temperatures for us - don't remember the last time that happened...
                  I doubt that extent of prolonged cold will actually be realized.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                    Following. I remember over Christmas break in either 83 or 84 we had several days of below freezing temps in Orange. First and only time in my 52 years I've seen parts of Adams Bayou completely frozen over from bank to opposite bank.
                    That was 1983 when Galveston Bay had a light glaze of ice over it.

Comment

The latest Euro run is just starting. It is out to Saturday and shows some serious Arctic air spilling into Montana and straight down the lee of the Rockies. Perfect set up to get that kind of cold down here. Let's see if it still shows this winter storm after the New Year.

Last edited by Johnny; 12-28-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Well it scared the wimins out of coming to the deer lease for new years.....so I guess I'll come home Sunday.

I've got a sheet of plywood in case I need to build another sled to pull behind the tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                          Following. I remember over Christmas break in either 83 or 84 we had several days of below freezing temps in Orange. First and only time in my 52 years I've seen parts of Adams Bayou completely frozen over from bank to opposite bank.
                          I don't know how far south it got, but sometime around '96 or so it stayed cold long enough here that we about 10,000 donuts on a 1/2 acre frozen stock tank on a 400 Polaris. Had to keep the beer in the cab of the truck so it wouldn't freeze.lol

Comment

Latest Euro run looks pretty much the same temp wise as it's last run. Down right cold.

Next Tuesday

Comment

Dang, I got to get out and do a little pipe wrappin'... make sure the heater in the pump house is workin'... Be worth it tho for 4" of SNOW!!! Would love to build a real snowman in my front yard instead of that wire and cloth one that lights up that's out there right now... My bride's got the crud so I didn't go huntin'... might as well get my lazy arse outside and do something productive...

Comment

Snowing here in Seymour all morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X