Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    At one point he won 27% of all events entered. With fields of more than 100. Unbelievable.
    As they say in golf crowds "U DA MAN" followed by soft golf claps

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      read the article
      It's important to note that the people interviewed for the article are the leaders of golf's governing bodies... they are likely to paint a more favorable picture of the state of the golf industry than say an actual analyst would be

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
        Here's something we can all agree on. That 7 iron she hit him with has got to be worth a lot of money.

Not as much as it cost him.[emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of the strange things about Tiger that I could never wrap my head around was - he never came from behind (after being behind after the 2nd round) to win a major. But don't let him get ahead of you or it was adios muchachos!
          Not sure of the mentality there but he had trouble if he wasn't in the lead. He won plenty of majors but just think if he would have won from behind in a couple of them.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            One of the strange things about Tiger that I could never wrap my head around was - he never came from behind (after being behind after the 2nd round) to win a major. But don't let him get ahead of you or it was adios muchachos!
            Not sure of the mentality there but he had trouble if he wasn't in the lead. He won plenty of majors but just think if he would have won from behind in a couple of them.
            Mentally 98% of AO's "all Others" knew they were going to lose to him in the Majors. He was only playing a couple of people, himself and the golf course

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
              Tiger Woods: Does anyone even care?
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                His golf game didn't go down hill because of his injuries...his game went to crap once he wife found out about all of the ladies he was sleeping with.

Yet somehow he won 5 times in 2013 along with player of the year after all that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxhIm92OlC8"]Tiger's 250 yard 5-Iron - YouTube[/ame]
                Last edited by adam_p; 02-15-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Come on back tiger..... and your girls.

Comment

Tiger Woods was to Golf what Lance Armstrong was to Cycling. Both screwed up and their sports are no where near the mainstream that they were when they were at their prime and scandal free.

Just like cycling doesn't need Lance to come back, Golf doesn't need Tiger Woods to come back. Rather some other player needs to step up and be dominant and have the marketability to raise the importance of the game into the masses that normally wouldn't care. In order to do that, you need a real sports story, something that transcends the sport itself. Lance had the whole cancer thing for instance...

Comment

Yes I do, I would love to see it. He did so much for golf and i think a lot of people are rooting for him still. You may be right, but I'd still love to see him back in form.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        Yet somehow he won 5 times in 2013 along with player of the year after all that.

Tiger's 250 yard 5-Iron - YouTube
                        yeah I was going to post those facts, he almost won the masters in 2013 If it wasn't for that ''penalty blunder''....he got injured late that year and that was a wrap on a career, that back injury he sustained that put him on the sidelines really hurt his confidence, the world caught up to him

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

Tiger's 250 yard 5-Iron - YouTube
                          Yeah, but it took him 3 years to win again after the incident and he hasn't won a major since then. It definitely took a toll on him during that time. She took his mojo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                            Tiger Woods distance varies from club to club. According to Golf Digest, Tiger hits the driver an average of 285 yards with carry. His long irons (2- to 4-iron) range from 250 to 200 yards. His middle irons (5, 6, 7) range from 208 to 172 yards. His 8-iron travels 158 yards, and 9-iron flies 142.
                            I found this on Google too but it's just wrong lol. He would routinely hit his 8 iron 178-180.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              Yeah, but it took him 3 years to win again after the incident and he hasn't won a major since then. It definitely took a toll on him during that time. She took his mojo.
                              yeah because of injuries, the scandal happened late 2009, missed a ton of golf in 2010, came back at the masters and placed in the top 10 I believe from his first tournament back....lets say the scandal happened and take away all of his injuries, he would have 100 pga tour victories and close to breaking jacks record....injuries have been his Achilles heel , the scandal in the end might of cost him a tournament or two with confidence, the injuries have cost him close to 50 tournaments missed

Comment

I grew up watching him as a kid while he was in his prime so I Would love to see him come back and play at a high level against all these kids that are blasting it on the course now that looked up to him in the 90's and 2000's.

Unfortunately looking at his swing from the last tourney he played in it looks like his body is saying no to him ever being able to play at a competitive level

Comment

Working...
                                X