No announcement yet.

New RV problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im guessing they are giving you the run around until your 3 days right of recision is up.... im sure they had you sign papers before you picked up that showed an inspection... id have a layer contact the dealership and go from there... you dont have to live with anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      I'll go ahead and tell you now that you have a long road ahead of you if you choose this route.

The best thing to do is to call the manufacturer, climb as high up the chain as you can, and then start an email documentation of the problems. My experience has been that they are going to fix the problem, and asking for compensation (at this point) is a waste of time.

Honestly, I would tell you to take the replacement roof, go watch them put it on, and go on with your life.
      Listen to this man^^ wise is he

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Proper for them...or you?
        If i bought something NEW, and it rolled off the parking lot defective.. the arguement is I didn't buy a NEW product to find out it was defective, and would be demanding a NEW item, not a fixed item.
        Once its fixed, it's no longer NEW - its refurbished...lending institutions would likely like to be made aware of this as well.
        Living with it should not be in your vocabulary..
        ^^^^^^i agree 140268 million percent!!!

Comment

Yes the correct thing is to have the roof fixed, and when dealing with Crestview it is best to talk to the owner... he is in the Selma store, let him know that you're disappointed and unhappy with the situation and would like to trade for another trailer. It has been done AT CRESTVIEW before...

All that aside... If you let them fix it get Jayco to extend your 1 year warranty for the length of time the TT sits in the shop. They will do it if you are persistent.

Comment

It seems you are asking for advice and only taking what Jayco or Crestview advises. I would be on Crestviews parking lot camping out until YOU got what YOU wanted out of this. This is a defect from the factory and never should have made it to the lot to sell. Campers are not cheap and once you get water damage you will have a hard time trading it in or selling later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
              Bought from crestview in buda, brand new 2014 model!
              I once bought a brand new one from them. Very bad experience. Good luck.

Comment

In 2005, I bought a 5th wheeler from their Buda store. I had no real issues with the 5th wheeler at all but would never ever buy another product from that dealership.

Comment

When I use to work at dealership, you would be surprised at the amount of things wrong coming in from the manufacturer. I have seen several rubber roofs completely torn off. We had one trailer missing a tire (not a spare tire but a tire). The manufacturers would rather it be fixed a dealership, because it will screw with their assembly line.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                    When I use to work at dealership, you would be surprised at the amount of things wrong coming in from the manufacturer. I have seen several rubber roofs completely torn off. We had one trailer missing a tire (not a spare tire but a tire). The manufacturers would rather it be fixed a dealership, because it will screw with their assembly line.
                    Kind of my experience as well. The dealer installed roof may be better than the factory roof. Most of these trailers have a thrown together feel. And I own one too.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      Oh he'll no. I would want a different camper.
                      This^^^

Comment

Take it back and leave it there!

Comment

We bought a new 2013 that had to have a new roof as well. Dealer said at the factory the dust dosent always get cleaned off before the roof is glued on and it won't stick properly. He said the replacement roofs are usually better than from the factory because more time is taken on a replacement than an assembly line. We have not had a problem in a little over a year of use. Hope it stays that way.

Comment

take it back and demand a new trailer

Comment

Working...
                            X