Pig Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig pipes

I always put a fake wall in my about a foot from the opposite end of the cap. I glue it in with pipe glue then I got to walmart and buy a pack of 50 marbles and put about 10 or so in there then put the end cap on. That way they always think there is corn in there when they roll it around, they can here it My pigs will empty a feeder in less than a week once they find them!!! just fyi is all

Derek

Comment

Put a bell on one end.

Comment

Just set up two yesterday.

Not sure what everyone does but I put a lot of 1/4 inch holes (not big enough for corn to fall out) and only put about 5 holes big enough for corn to fall out ( 3/8) .
        This has worked good for me in the past, keeps them busy and you don't have to refill it every week.

Comment

Has anyone ever used a pig pipe to get them to come in and then when they find it, built a 6 trap around it? I would think having the live action inside of a pig working the pipe would attract more hogs into the trap. Anyone try this one?

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Finally got mine made and put out. It didn't take long for the pigs to find them. I put one out in a grassy meadow where you could not even see it in the 2 - 3 foot high grass and weeds. Here's what I had 3 days later when I went back to check.
              Attached Files

Comment

I used the cable method, but don't think I made the hole in the cap big enough because they get it unscrewed sometimes. They also got one of them twisted up and broke the 840 lb cable around the T-post. These things are so fun to watch though. I have my Covert game cam on one of them and wake up to 50 - 60 texts of pigs pushing a pipe all night long. They must get dizzy.

Comment

Put 5/8s washers over your corn holes to keep out tree rats. drilled holes in washer and used self tappers.

Comment

I've seen a few pics in this thread with deer......how do the deer respond to these? We don't have pigs at our lease, but lots of deer and a few javelina. I'd to improvise using one of these instead of a feeder.

Also, will cows mess with them? I wouldn't think so.

Comment

I've seen tons of deer and even Turkey pushing around the pipe.

Comment

This is an award winning idea. The swine are terrorizing my.pasture but its on now.

Comment

those of you using t post slide a piece of small pvc over post so you don't have any sharp or square edge to cut cable. my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            I've seen a few pics in this thread with deer......how do the deer respond to these? We don't have pigs at our lease, but lots of deer and a few javelina. I'd to improvise using one of these instead of a feeder.

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

The deer love them. I seem to have some that only have deer on them and others that only have hogs. I don't know about cows.

Comment

Originally posted by cominahead View Post
                                those of you using t post slide a piece of small pvc over post so you don't have any sharp or square edge to cut cable. my $.02
                                This also!

Comment

Working...
                                X