X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome site for hicks haha gotta little every thing

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
      I also grew up in the area. I went on a cub scout arrowhead hunting trip to Gr. lake before it had filled up for the first time. My high school was 15 minutes away, and we use to skip school just to go out to the beach and swim to the stump. I played football and graduated from High School with the legendary, bank fisherman Edward Murray. I have been fishing, camping, water skiing, hunting and hanging out at that lake, off and on, my whole life. I started bowhunting out there after I moved back to the area 7 yrs ago, so I wasn’t around for the hay-day. I can only imagine how much better the place was with less pressure.

So, not only do I see where you are coming from, but I can also sympathize with you. But none of us have anything to do with the fact that Williamson County is, and has been for a while, the fastest growing County in the State. And some of you, may or may not know, that hunting(especially bowhunting) after many, many years on the decline is now rising in popularity. It’s a growing sport. Therefore, statistically speaking, not only have a huge amount of people moved within an hour drive of Gr. Lake, but a large amount of bowhunters as well. I know you understand this, and you don’t have to like it. But, almost everybody has a similar story. Back in the 90’s the city of Austin told everyone to get out and vote to give them the power to make Forest Creek a permanent recreational area for mtn. biking and hiking. At the time, mtn. biking was a new sport and there were not many places to ride. After everybody got out and voted to give them this power, they decided to turn it into a bird sanctuary and kicked out the mtn. bikers/hikers forever. As if the golden cheeked warbler didn’t have enough cedar tree’s already. At the time it really stunk, but the sport kept on growing and today there are more places to ride then you have time to ride them. I don’t know the same will happen to bowhunting, I realize the dynamics are different, but I do believe in the strength of numbers. I think in the long run, bowhunters will benefit from more popularity of their sport.

So many people come on this forum to rant about non-hunting issues, so I don’t mind someone coming on here to vent their frustrations on a direct hunting topic. But I do think your preaching to the quire a little bit. Not every person walking around out there is on the green screen. And You, Me, Bo, Koonce, etc. all know that the poaching and trash issues are not all the out of towners. I think this is what you were referring to when you stated is goes both ways. This has been public land for like 4+ decades now. Personally, I don’t think it matters if you live in Hare, Taylor, Round Rock or Houston, we are all public land users. Therefore we are in it together. We can either play nice, or not.

There is one thing that remains constant in this society we live in and that is change.

Birddog66 Out!
      Well put

Comment

Heading out for the day. Good luck to y'all out there today. Gonna hit the spot then behind the PC prolly below the dam tonight

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
          Y'all are missing a good sausage party! (that sounded gay) We mixed 100lbs. Only had enough casings for 85lbs. Now for some Tennessee Honey and get the smoke house smOkin. I invited y'all yesterday! Don't say I didn't!
          we had a sausage fest about 3 weekends ago and made about 125lbs. its alot of work but worth it. you used boston butts or some fresh killed prok? We had extra casing i could have gave you if i would have seen this yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by chewy View Post
            we had a sausage fest about 3 weekends ago and made about 125lbs. its alot of work but worth it. you used boston butts or some fresh killed prok? We had extra casing i could have gave you if i would have seen this yesterday.
            Thanks buddy. Boston butts here too. We thought we had enough casing. We bagged up the last of it in 1lb tubes. Just a meat and high temp cheese mix.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
              Heading out for the day. Good luck to y'all out there today. Gonna hit the spot then behind the PC prolly below the dam tonight
              Any luck? It was a slow morning for us.

Comment

Nothing but dead hog carcasses. The heli did a number on them

Comment

Originally posted by viper3583 View Post
                  Any luck? It was a slow morning for us.
                  where yall at

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    Nothing but dead hog carcasses. The heli did a number on them
                    what area are you hitting chris,you collet any skulls lol

Comment

Wow, glad I was wearing rubber knee high boots as I read through most of that.

At least the Granger Rangers are famous for something.

Did we get a confirmed number of corpses? Should make hunting the thick stuff fun for awhile. Statistics indicate you have to kill 70% of the population to keep the herd in check. That is 70% each and every year. Tactical nukes anyone.

Chris; I'll drop you a PM if I can break away to get up there, I'd like to hunt with you.
                      Last edited by Wudstix; 03-03-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I heard close to 200

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                          I heard close to 200
                          I believe 200+ with all the corpses we've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                            Wow, glad I was wearing rubber knee high boots as I read through most of that.

At least the Granger Rangers are famous for something.

Did we get a confirmed number of corpses? Should make hunting the thick stuff fun for awhile. Statistics indicate you have to kill 70% of the population to keep the herd in check. That is 70% each and every year. Tactical nukes anyone.

Chris; I'll drop you a PM if I can break away to get up there, I'd like to hunt with you.

Sounds good. Let me know

Comment

nice meeting you chris "crod888" give me a holler some time and we can meet up

Comment

with turkey coming up,any know a good public place or a lease around us

Comment

Working...
                                X