Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    And that he won a major by 15 strokes stupid good.
    honestly he could've went pro in 94 full time, the tour at that time was lacking true consistent talent, he was very young but he could've competed for sure

Comment

Jack's one of the greatest ever, no doubt, but competition is way stiffer during Tiger's reign than it was back in Jack's day. Ironically, Tiger is the reason for a lot of those guys getting into the competitive golf game in the first place. He's playing against some of the greats on the tour now that grew up wanting to be like Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
        people fail to realize tiger started his pro career in 1996.....21 years ago...
        I remember the day he turned pro. Tuned in to watch it. Something to chew on Tiger has 106 professional wins... Nicklaus has 120 including the champions tour.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          I remember the day he turned pro. Tuned in to watch it. Something to chew on Tiger has 106 professional wins... Nicklaus has 120 including the champions tour.
          Lol chew on and spit out. Can't begin to bring in champions tour wins to this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
            Jack's one of the greatest ever, no doubt, but competition is way stiffer during Tiger's reign than it was back in Jack's day. Ironically, Tiger is the reason for a lot of those guys getting into the competitive golf game in the first place. He's playing against some of the greats on the tour now that grew up wanting to be like Tiger.
            although I started playing golf when I was 2, and started competing in Junior tournaments when I was 8, I really never was truly motivated until I saws tigers greatness, he really did inspire me to stay at the golf course all day along implementing a fitness plan....I went from a 8 handicap to a scratch simply because he motivated me to be better, my dad played on the Nike Tour, now known as the web.com tour so he helped me a lot but didn't push me at all....I was the idiot wearing all black pants, black nike shoes, black TW hat, along with our Maroon team shirts at our high school tournaments

Comment

Lol chew on and spit out. Can't begin to bring in champions tour wins to this discussion.
              yeah champions tour is a retirement league lol...I wouldn't count any of those wins to a professionals resume' to be honest...

Comment

Lol no you're missing my point... Tiger has almost as many professional wins than The Bear and no Senior tour. That says a lot about Tigers greatness

Comment

Lol no you're missing my point... Tiger has almost as many professional wins than The Bear and no Senior tour. That says a lot about Tigers greatness
                  Lol ok good. I thought you meant the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    7, but just like everything else people try to compare it isn't a fair comparison. Jack played substantially more majors than Sam. Sam only went to the Open 5 times.
                    Sam's problem, not Jack's. A novice could immediately assume that Jack is a bigger competitor based on this data.

Comment

ahh true dat...good point

Comment

Majors

Jack won 18 of 164

Sam Snead won 7 of 118

Tiger won 14 of 76

To say Jack is the greatest because he won more majors is ridiculous.
                        No Sir. Your angle is.

Comment

Originally posted by HC Sniper View Post
                          Nope. He is done. His swing mechanics do nothing but put stress on his back. He will never be able to compete at that level for any extended amount of time ever again.
                          This ^^^

Unless he completely revamps his swing, his back will not let him return to any kind of sustained success.

Comment

See post #188
                            Okay. You're the president of the Snead club. Fair enough.

There is no majority group on this earth (that knows golf, plays golf, knows golf history, and the players) that will side with the absurd statement that Snead is the greatest golfer vs Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                              ahh true dat...good point
                              And 40 of those were on the European Tour which is pretty **** impressive. They play links golf. Totally different game than American golf. How many golfers can adjust and compete like that?

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                                NIKE dropped out of the Golf Equipment business - it was centered around Tiger now, it's a HAS BEEN like Tiger's golf game.

There's only one King - records made with inferior equipment I might add!
                                And playing a MacGregor ball?

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                                I think yall are just look'n for an excuse to make out with Tiger Woods
                                I think you've averaged 350 yds with this statement^^^^

If ABCDJ's Skype phone interview had anything to do with golf and/or Tiger Woods then I think it's clear he took CurtinTexas' advice to drop trou and to smile while looking in a mirror.

Comment

Working...
                                X