Chevrolet 2500 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevrolet 2500 help

Anyone have the Chevrolet 2500 gas 6.0 ?
    Do you like it?
    How does it tow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 2 2002 vortex 6.0. Great motors. Got 200k plus and never changed a plug or had any issues other than a water pump and fuel pump.

Top end speed towing was not great.

Comment

I have a 2018. Love the truck but I didn't really buy it for towing. I got it because I wanted a strong 4x4 that I could expect to last for 15+ relatively trouble free years. Biggest thing I tow with it is a 19ft bay boat. It does great at lower speeds. Tried setting the cruise last weekend on 73 with the boat and gas mileage dropped to 7.5 mpg. This is with 285/70r17s and WARN front bumper. The bigger tires really zapped the mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
        Had 2 2002 vortex 6.0. Great motors. Got 200k plus and never changed a plug or had any issues other than a water pump and fuel pump.

Top end speed towing was not great.
        Word. Had an 02 2500HD myself and when I sold it with 220K it was still a beast. Terrible mileage and slow but never let me down. Super reliable!

Comment

Have a 2015 GMC. I like it. Tows fine. Don't love the gas mileage but knew what I was getting

Comment

Nice info

Comment

What kind of mileage are y’all getting highway empty?

Comment

Pulled my 22’ boat with my dad’s this weekend. I like the truck but it’s nothing like my 6.7 powerstroke when towing or empty. Also it’s a gas hog even just pulling my boat.
                Last edited by DS_1974; 07-04-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I’ve got the ‘15 6.0 and it has 4.10 axle ratio. It’s tough enough for any towing job I’ve got but mileage isn’t so great. 11.5-12 mpg at 75-80 mph. If you’ll slow down do 68-69, mileaage bumps up to around 15.

Comment

I mean you don’t buy a truck for MPG, but I do get , a truck with good MPG is great. I’m just trying to justify a diesel over the 6.0.
                    When I pull, it’s a 16’ with a biggie, a boat, or a 30’ camper......
                    one thing I don’t want is to get the camper hooked up and not be able to drive 70 down I 10 to the hill country....

Comment

I have a 2000 2500 with the 6.0. 244,000 miles. Have replaced 2 water pumps, 2 fuel pumps, and on alternator. Has 4:11 rear end (not 4wd). Everyday driving gets 12.5--13 mpg. Interstate driving @ 70 mph it will get 15.2. Pulling my 24 ft.trailer with 8,500 pound load @ 70 I will get 9-10 depending on how many big hills or strong wind. Still running stock 2.65x78-16"tires. I will probably get another one when I wear this one out.
                      Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I've got a 2015 with 120k Miles and haven't had one issue. Been a solid truck!

Comment

I don't own one but went to Rocksprings from Longview in my buddies. 16' tandem axle trailer with 3 atvs and we got 6.4mpg round trip. Didn't have any trouble pulling but man that sucker drinks gas. He said he gets about 14 running down the highway. His is 4wd with 4.10 gears.

Comment

Chevrolet 2500 help

This is my mixed average over the last 6900 miles. Lowest during that time was 7.8 mpg which was stop and go in 4wd, and the highest was 12.4, which was all highway. I really do average a little over 10 on highway. This is in a 2010 2500 with 4.10 gears and 285 tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X